Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
4/17-18 snow threat

ORH_wxman

6 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Yeah that's kind of a concern, but falling overnight will help us here.

Yeah, which is why for my area I'm swinging for more a 2-4" event. Elevations to my north likely stay snow and get the 4-7". We've already lost two hours to late April sun angles....and our temp/DP is already so ridiculously close together at 33/32, which only helps when the warm nose punches in by midnight and curbs our accumulations anyway I think. But you guys are set to go.

4 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I380 - I -84 in Scranton I think about 1,000'

https://www.511pa.com/CameraListing.aspx

Getting close by to me. Go time will be the next four to six hours for my location.

2 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Yeah, which is why for my area I'm swinging for more a 2-4" event here. We've already lost two hours to late April sun angles....and our temp/DP is already so ridiculously close together at 33/32, which only helps the warm nose punch in by midnight and curb our accumulations anyway I think. But you guys are set to go.

Getting close by to me. Go time will be the next four to six hours for me.

It seems to be struggling to accumulate even that high up with the late April sun angle.

1 minute ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

It seems to be struggling to accumulate even that high up with the late April sun angle.

Starting to see the grass whiten bit by bit now. The elevations to my north are set up much better but I should still be set for what I've been thinking this whole time. You guys are simply going to receive this band of 1" hourly rates at a much more favorable time than I will.

The immediate coast is gonna have to get in to the meaty rates for it to not only stick and accumulate, but also to keep it as all snow and no rain/mix.

Being on the fringe of the heavy rates is not gonna cut it here and if these little ticks south continue, that's how it will end up playing out. Will be a lot of white rain

9 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Starting to see the grass whiten bit by bit now. The elevations to my north are set up much better but I should still be set for what I've been thinking this whole time. You guys are simply going to receive this band of 1" hourly rates at a much more favorable time than I will.

To build on this my area (Sullivan NY) is much different when it comes to snow than areas across where most of this board is located. Most of this area is above 1200' so the ensuing domino effect means <1000 feet areas get skunked more often than you'd think they should.