Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4/17-18 snow threat

ORH_wxman

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Didn’t you forecast for their DPW?

No, he was a private contractor. He did do some work for DPWs around that area though.

He always reported the most in Union...he'd sometimes give me numbers from nearby areas too if he was out on the job but Union was almost always the highest....no surprise given the elevation. I wanna say he was over 1100 feet on Webster Rd....real weenie spot.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

No, he was a private contractor. He did do some work for DPWs around that area though.

He always reported the most in Union...he'd sometimes give me numbers from nearby areas too if he was out on the job but Union was almost always the highest....no surprise given the elevation. I wanna say he was over 1100 feet on Webster Rd....real weenie spot.

Yeah I’ve been thru there numerous times. I think that’s not far from Metherbs maple sugar plantation 

Just now, Modfan2 said:

Understandable, there is decent elevation in East Thompson, East Killingly down to Ginxy, Pomfret, Woodstock that could fall in the he 3-6.

n

Yeah sometimes it's tough because I feel the valley spots get screwed a lot but there is decent elevation right on the border. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah I’ve been thru there numerous times. I think that’s not far from Metherbs maple sugar plantation 

There's a part of Stickney Hill Rd that goes up to like 1250 feet there. Probably the weeniest spot around until you get much further north into central ORH county.

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

His 3-6 covers all the hills of NE CT

He always leaves out those hills in Killingly Woodstock Sterling that have excellent elevation in his broad brush maps. I understand though as anything Neast of IJD is dragon country for city kids. Lol just kidding Ryan. But that's tough to delineate on a made for TV map.

connecticut-topographic-map.jpg

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

There's a part of Stickney Hill Rd that goes up to like 1250 feet there. Probably the weeniest spot around until you get much further north into central ORH county.

That town is just so rural. There’s just nothing there except some homes. My buddy across the street is the principal for the only school they have . He lives in a weenie spot (relative to rest of town) and works in one.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

He always leaves out those hills in Killingly Woodstock Sterling that have excellent elevation in his broad brush maps. I understand though as anything Neast of IJD is dragon country for city kids. Lol just kidding Ryan. But that's tough to delineate on a made for TV map.

A fun site for topo geeks. https://en-us.topographic-map.com/maps/e8/Connecticut/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

There’s some good elevation in parts of Glastonbury over to Hebron which is over 800’ too

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I had a cell tower I worked on Stinkney Hill that had good elevation, but there is a hill just to the west on Rt 190 that had a State tower on it that was close to 1200

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Christ that color curve makes the Litchfield Hills look like the White Mountains. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Models have consistently shafted NE mass 

The forcing kind of runs into a brick wall to the northeast...though I'm guessing the best push makes it a little further northeast than a lot of those solutions that truly shaft them.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wait a second, I haven’t seen a “meh” post from our man in Hubbardston yet. 

I spent most of the morning driving around the back roads of Athol and Royalston for my wife’s school in a teacher parade.  
I thought Hubbardston was Deliverance land. Dear lawd is it backwoods in there.  
Passing the pot cultivation site in Athol was interesting.  

4-5” here