Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
4/17-18 snow threat

ORH_wxman

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The CT/RI snows could be like waterlogged paste....3-4" could really start causing some issues. Looking at those 925mb temps at 6z...it's close call so it's gonna be wet.

Apr17_12zEuro925.png

Yeah I was noticing that earlier. There should be little wind, so those white pines may just collect that playdough (As Ekster would say). 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Just f in awesome.  Just rip um all down, why not. Holy crap

You might be ground zero for the waterlogged ratios....lol. I'm guessing you stay mostly snow there, but it's gonna be isothermal 33F paste....bring 'em down.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Gonna stay up to watch what may be the last snow storm of my life before the Wuflu takes me.

Nice. Crack open a good 14 year or 18 year while you're at it.

Setting the alarm for about 1-2am here....with the kids these days I need to at least get a few hours before the night owl obs. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Nice. Crack open a good 14 year or 18 year while you're at it.

Setting the alarm for about 1-2am here....with the kids these days I need to at least get a few hours before the night owl obs. :lol:

Yeah, if the caffeine doesn’t do it I may have to set an alarm tonight.  I’m not missing this,  that’s for sure!

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s a few of them that can’t stand when on occasion this area jacks, yet we root those areas on everytime 

I said Pike-north, but I really meant your area-north...didn't know you were that sensitive about it.

• Haha 1

Just now, dendrite said:

I said Pike-north, but I really meant your area-north...didn't know you were that sensitive about it.

Lol, using pike north triggers him....it has for over a decade. I think '07-'08 scarred him for life in so many of those events....then MLK 2010 pushed him over the edge....just throwing tantrums in his basement....he laid out the blueprint on how to throw furniture in the basement years before Scooter did it in 2015.

Now mentioning the term is like PTSD for him.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

No trees left near the house so we say zero. I will take pictures of snow so you remember what it's like though

I'm actually legit curious to see what your trees and shrubs look like there if you stay all snow....it will be interesting. The column is near-isothermal there for like 5000 feet. So you might have some pancakes falling when that deep omega comes through combined with the good snow growth profile above the isothermal layer.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm actually legit curious to see what your trees and shrubs look like there if you stay all snow....it will be interesting. The column is near-isothermal there for like 5000 feet. So you might have some pancakes falling when that deep omega comes through combined with the good snow growth profile above the isothermal layer.

Usually it's just up the hill at 750 that really takes it on the chin in these.i end up with lots of dripping slush. The Sterling Ct To East Killingly to Woodstock Hills along with Fozzy to ORh to whinebutt Kevin will probably max out