Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4/17-18 snow threat

ORH_wxman

1 hour ago, Massplow said:

Is this something that will stick to pavement in the Boston/ Foxboro area.we have all our plows and sanders put away trying to decide what needs to be put back on if anything?

I doubt much accumulates on roads  maybe driveways

The 3” I got yesterday didn’t even coat paved surfaces

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I doubt much accumulates on roads  maybe driveways

The 3” I got yesterday didn’t even coat paved surfaces

This will be wetter so it will take more energy to melt when it comes down hard. I wouldn’t be shocked if some areas had an inch or two on paved surfaces.  But it will be localized and gone after like 7-8a. 

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You’ll slot quicker though. Jack is north but you’ll do well. I could see 5-6 there. 

I typically don’t call for this area to Jack because we normally don’t . We do well but rare is the jack. This one I think is the jack . NW NE hills , RI hills up to ORH or just south of there . That’s where I think you’ll see your 6-7” amounts .. with highest amounts obviously at highest hills 

Might have to watch the areas in CT to RI and SE MA for some outages, esp low elevations. There will be little wind, so those pine branches and perhaps even some hardwood limbs may take on a big load if amounts exceed 4”. This will be mash potatoes in those areas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Might have to watch the areas in CT to RI and SE MA for some outages, esp low elevations. There will be little wind, so those pine branches and perhaps even some hardwood limbs may take on a big load if amounts exceed 4”. This will be mash potatoes in those areas. 

It seems that CT has to watch for power outages even if it's just Kevin farting.  Their power is as realiabe as drivers on 84 passing the sign for the Blue

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We tried to tell em last night but there was nothing but lashing angry posts 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I typically don’t call for this area to Jack because we normally don’t . We do well but rare is the jack. This one I think is the jack . NW NE hills , RI hills up to ORH or just south of there . That’s where I think you’ll see your 6-7” amounts .. with highest amounts obviously at highest hills 

Jack will prob be ORH county to maybe E berks where they don’t dryslot quickly and the deeper moisture stays for longer. You’ll do fine though. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Crank it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1