• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 15-17 Snow

Hoosier

Ripping pretty nice right now, but it appears will do worse than Wednesday. I am not sure if temps dipped lower a couple of days ago, but living on the fifth floor and can't get things to stick much on the metal balcony rail, which had a couple of inches a couple of inches Wed. Nevertheless a picturesque way to end a weird winter. Glad to see a lot of 3+" reports! 

2 minutes ago, mimillman said:

This is the park outside my building. Half of the ground is bare, the other half covered in half an inch of slush. The trees are bare. Lol

Had about an inch of solid accumulation on Wednesday. Again, massive underperformer for the millions of people in Chicago proper

2BC2D6A4-338B-497A-B402-657E6FEAE1CD.jpeg

In your case, it's not what lands on the ground rather it's what's in the sky. All perspective.

29 minutes ago, mimillman said:

This is the park outside my building. Half of the ground is bare, the other half covered in half an inch of slush. The trees are bare. Lol

Had about an inch of solid accumulation on Wednesday. Again, massive underperformer for the millions of people in Chicago proper

2BC2D6A4-338B-497A-B402-657E6FEAE1CD.jpeg

there is almost certain subsurface urban infrastructure under the ground there

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

This definitely ended up north of guidance for IL/IN/MI/OH portion.

Best band currently runs from E IA-N IL-S MI. This should have been much further south.

Looks like it was a fairly widespread ~2-5" for much of the LOT cwa except far south and core of Chicago, but if anything the higher totals seem to be north of I-80.  Did not anticipate that.

28 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

More useless out of season snow. World's screwed-up so why would the wx be an exception. M4.0 on best elevated surf's at 11 am. All since is just WhtRN. Never a fan of stat-padder events in a lame-azz winter especially. Sure hope this is the last flakes of the season. 

I took a jebwalk when that band was coming through. I was in heaven, the scenery was just amazing. Don't even care that its April 17th

• Like 1