• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 15-17 Snow

Hoosier

Looking forward to tomorrow, with as scenic as yesterday snowfall was, I'm hoping tomorrow will be even better. A few more nudges North would not hurt either lol. To date Detroit is at 39.8" of snow on the season. The current official average is 42.5" (fwiw the 20th century avg was 40.0" and the period of record avg (1880-2019) is 41.0"). For all its wacky ups and downs this will go into the books as an average snow season.

• Like 1

All guidance is doing horrific in the OAX CWA currently.

Several 3-7" reports in the OMA area, and still a while to go with good snows.

Euro appears to be the closest, as it had 6" extending west from IA, and towards the OMA area. HRRR has failed the worst, as many runs had only 1-2" for the OMA area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MIstorm97 said:

Few pics from yesterday’s event. The squalls ended up being pretty photogenic once again. Ready for whatever tomorrow throws at us. F5hbLVg.jpg

B6gOTKL.jpg

60OCzrk.jpg

B7ukJTz.jpg

Nice pics. As I posted earlier in the thread, we had very heavy snow which created picturesque scenes for a few hours, however once the snow moved out and began to melt, we only got  flurries the rest of the day, missing all those squalls.  As you said, let's see what tomorrow brings!

• Like 1

Just now, MIstorm97 said:

Haters hate my excellent calls :sizzle:

May slide down to the MI/OH/IN border early in the morning for video. Hopefully this is our last snow event of the season.

Don't make me reveal your alterego :lmao: and yeah the border does look good, Hillsdale or Toledo.

10 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Already 5-6" reports along the IA/MO border, with quite a ways to go.  A couple of 7" reports in the Omaha area as well, with snow still adding up.

shame it's supposed to fade as it heads east. Then again, who needs the tree damage....catch 22 for a weenie like myself.

On 4/14/2020 at 5:00 PM, Hoosier said:

Not entirely out of the question that there could be some lake enhanced precip around northeast IL/northwest IN.  Delta T and inversion heights look sufficient enough to get that going.  The trade-off is that lake temps are well into the 40s now and onshore flow should result in slightly warmer temps near the lake, so because of that and the overall marginal setup, it probably won't actually add anything to the totals.

Maybe.  Possibly.  Perhaps.

00Z-20200417_HRRRNIL_prec_radar-9-18-100-100.gif.ffc535aa2ee22f4ad2d6abb0664e82bc.gif

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Top-down saturation is taking longer than expected.  Models have been showing precip beginning here by 10 or so.  Looks like at least another hour wait.  A little nervous about 4" call for here.  Temp still 39.

New HRRR has dropped off 0.15" from earlier runs.  Original 1-3" call likely would have been sufficient.