• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
4/13/20 Rain/Wind/Thunder obs/disc

Torch Tiger

Thinking there will be a lot of mehhing with this until a low topped squall line develops over northern mid Atlantic and swings through, which will be accompanied by about an hour of “holy crap” type winds, around 2-4 p.m.

Just my back of the envelope type forecast for you guys in CT and SE MA...

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Does this share any commonality with that big October wind event a few years back? That was the last time I lost power from wind. Although if I remember that one featured a quasi tropical mesolow that smoked the Cape.

Are you describing the remnants of Phillipe from 2017? We had gusts close to 100mph with that.

6 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yeah, that's the one. Deep low up through the HV. Cape got smoked, Stowe got flattened. I had no power for two days. Ray said it was forgettable.

We had a similar one last year too in late October. There were gusts 80-90 on the coast south of Boston. I think Logan gusted to over 60kts too. Lots of tree damage. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yeah, that's the one. Deep low up through the HV. Cape got smoked, Stowe got flattened. I had no power for two days. Ray said it was forgettable.

Yeah was that the one that leveled acres of white pines up here and snapped power poles across town?  

I think it was right after I said we don’t get big wind from the SE... then we lost power for like 3-4 days.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We had a similar one last year too in late October. There were gusts 80-90 on the coast south of Boston. I think Logan gusted to over 60kts too. Lots of tree damage. 

That storm was probably the third one that I can remember where the wind didn't moan, it shrieked.