• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 12 Severe Event

joshwx2003

Wow, glad you are ok. I guess this is the south welcoming you....

Yeah no kidding.

One thing I wanted to say when I was within a mile of it was during the updraft portion as it got very calm, I could see my breath that’s how humid it is. I have never seen anything like that in my life, but you could literally feel the moisture being fed into the storm.

Thankfully okay and have power again. But looks rough north of town and over towards Walterboro
  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Wild morning here. Had some big gusts before the storms moved thru. Lots of Tornado warnings in my area and even a confirmed one about 10 miles to my west but nothing much in my neighborhood thank goodness. Horrible damage from those areas that got slammed by this.

10 minutes ago, DanLarsen34 said:

Holy hell. That looks like at least EF-4 damage depending on how well-built that home was.

I’m going with not at all well built. I see strait nails on the bottom right and it looks like the whole thing is on cinder blocks not anchored to the ground in any way. I don’t see a concrete pad anywhere in the higher res image. There’s a chances they only rate it EF3 depending on the evidence on the ground.

D03B0E88-2594-49AD-A102-CD7451CEB050.png

3 minutes ago, JasonOH said:

I’m going with not at all well built. I see strait nails on the bottom right and it looks like the whole thing is on cinder blocks not anchored to the ground in any way. I don’t see a concrete pad anywhere in the higher res image. There’s a chances they only rate it EF3 depending on the evidence on the ground.

D03B0E88-2594-49AD-A102-CD7451CEB050.png

Some of the aerial photos also show very intermittent destruction of houses, which supports the idea that (at least some of) these houses were not well anchored.

21 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

2020 has been a wild ride... This system just adds to it. When was the last time we had this big of an outbreak at night?

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

November 2002 crossed my mind as a mostly night event if I’m placing it correctly but I think that was evening and late evening and of course night is longer in November 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

"It's OK we're in the RFD" followed by something slamming into their vehicle makes me wonder about their chasing abilities...

The fact that they were trying to chase a rain wrapped major tornado at what appeared to be 70 ish mph makes me wonder even more.  That's Russian roulette for all intents and purposes.

45 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

"It's OK we're in the RFD" followed by something slamming into their vehicle makes me wonder about their chasing abilities...

25 minutes ago, btownheel said:

The fact that they were trying to chase a rain wrapped major tornado at what appeared to be 70 ish mph makes me wonder even more.  That's Russian roulette for all intents and purposes.

RFD = Real F****** Dumb