Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 12 Severe Event

joshwx2003

2 minutes ago, Chinook said:

So this is the 2nd or 3rd or 4th tornado to climb the Appalachians today?  Sounds like April 3-4th 1974, when a tornado went over a mountain in West Virginia.

Well this was an extremely common theme during 4/27. Had multiple long trackers in that same region. Most notably, an EF4 went over exclusively mountainous areas in Blount County, TN.

• Like 1

Just now, twistingtornado said:

Ah, I see now. It's earlier than the data I'm looking at. Looked like a very brief spin up.

Yes indeed. Deleted my original post to which you responded because I keep trying to embed my tweet but no luck. Here's the link again for anyone interested:

edit: of course now it works lol

• Like 1

Cells firing ahead of the line in AL are spending more time out front before being overtaken than they were earlier as the system starts to lift NE.  Central GA will be under the gun the next few hours.  Anything that can stay out ahead of the southern part of the line as it lifts NE could be big trouble.  Latest HRRR still showing some alarming soundings along the E GA coast up through coastal SC around 4-6am ET. 

1 hour ago, MattPetrulli said:

Well this was an extremely common theme during 4/27. Had multiple long trackers in that same region. Most notably, an EF4 went over exclusively mountainous areas in Blount County, TN.

Yeah, the supercell started in MS and held together all the way until the 4000+ ft mtns in NC finally tore it apart, over 8 hrs & can't remember how many 100s miles.