Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season

Windspeed

20 minutes ago, Prospero said:

Hype > Disappointment

60 years old and whether it is watching weather (hurricanes or blizzards), sports, news, going to parties or concerts, even waking up and checking email, it is the rocket fuel that powers the motivation vehicles every day of my life. Give me crazy highs and horrible lows, spare me mediocrity please. Rather be excited about possibilities that never occur, than apathetic about anything.

Waiting for that giant beautiful perfect Cat 5 spinning in the Gulf of Mexico this year but never making landfall or knocking out anyone's power for more than a couple hours. Yet we all feel it from Texas to Key West and have big waves and personal stories to tell. Imagine the Hype > Disappointment while these forums and chasers go crazy with posts! Oh yea!

Bring it on, Hype first, then at the last minute Disappointment (and very sincere relief).

OK

image.thumb.png.2487167497e33fc0605ce031ecf3ed4c.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Usually a sign of something bad when you see a storm in that in that wind shear pattern this time of year. Looks similar to Maria and Irma.  Probably would be way stronger than the 956mb pressure shown if a similar setup verified.  00z GFS and CMC are almost in the same spot with this at hr 210.

LTkwVGx.png

54 minutes ago, cptcatz said:

Probably this one? Looks like a bad surge event for Tampa Bay...

I know Tampa is highly vulnerable to storm surge. On local news when Charlie was expected to smash Tampa Bay, and also as Irma was looking to run just off the coast into Tampa Bay, mets described the potential for a 30 ft storm surge due to the shallow waters of Tampa Bay being pushed into downtown Tampa. So much of Tampa is merely a few feet above sea-level it would be devastating. I remember the graphics they showed (which I am sure are in their pocket ready to pull out next time a storm is threatening).

Is there anywhere more vulnerable than Tampa Bay for storm surge?

image.thumb.png.73c2eaef235cdffd7a4b9d907f489a48.png

3 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

12z GFS has a rapidly-strengthening hurricane in the eastern Caribbean in a week.  I noticed last night's Euro had the system there, but much weaker.

This sucker is poised to be a major (3rd after Paulette) and I have zero doubt it'll impact the US eventually but all those island interactions will complicate things. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

Click on top right of screen, 3 bar icon...select account settings, then ignored users

Thank you very much! I had enough reading a certain someone complaining constantly. I don’t know a ton and I like to read everyone being smart and spreading knowledge. Having to read through constant complaints about something we have no control over is tediously frustrating.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NotSureWeather said:

Thank you very much! I had enough reading a certain someone complaining constantly. I don’t know a ton and I like to read everyone being smart and spreading knowledge. Having to read through constant complaints about something we have no control over is tediously frustrating.

Dew has been ignore by many folks so  he know the function very well.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, NotSureWeather said:

Byyye. Enjoy that 354 hour GFS fantasy storm into Tampa. 

• Weenie 3