Total Members
    Most Online
    Wrigleywx
    Newest Member
    Wrigleywx

2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Tracking Thread

23 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Looks like 18z GFS takes the remnants directly over DC :lol: 

996 barreling in from the west.  Something you don’t see every day.   

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Marco looks like a dead man.

It’s a sign that a woman needs to rule the world. Marco. Meh! Laura - Yikes! :lol:

9 hours ago, yoda said:

I guess @Eskimo Joe would be okay with these tracks?

13L_tracks_00z.png

Euro has been trending west with landfall.  Latest 6z has landfall west of Houston as a pretty strong hurricane.  More time to strengthen into a beast . Ukmet very similar position and even further south then the Euro .

There's even a Eps cluster that likes South Texas 

What is scary is that 

21 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Euro has been trending west with landfall.  Latest 6z has landfall west of Houston as a pretty strong hurricane.  More time to strengthen into a beast . Ukmet very similar position and even further south then the Euro .

There's even a Eps cluster that likes South Texas 

what is scary is that most guidance puts this right between Houston and New Orleans .. a "final adjustment" in the models either direction will be catastrophic. 

• Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

No. This is a crap system from start to finish. 

Taking the longest possible route over land and then getting absorbed into a NS trough/front means it will just add some extra juice, so maybe some heavy/beneficial rains for the areas that need it. The 6z GFS would be a decent outcome.

I just want it in and out of here earlier rather than later for a nice weekend. As of now it looks like Saturday may be a washout.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

What is scary is that 

what is scary is that most guidance puts this right between Houston and New Orleans .. a "final adjustment" in the models either direction will be catastrophic. 

if you're talking about a GOMEx landfall, always bet on the western edge of the guidance envelope.

35 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Taking the longest possible route over land and then getting absorbed into a NS trough/front means it will just add some extra juice, so maybe some heavy/beneficial rains for the areas that need it. The 6z GFS would be a decent outcome.

I just want it in and out of here earlier rather than later for a nice weekend. As of now it looks like Saturday may be a washout.

I think you said it well. Just some juice .With a Texas landfall there won't be any huge slug of organized moisture left once it would get here . I personally enjoy the tracking but I'd be lying if I said I didnt want just 1 thunderstorm to hit mby flush with a 30 minute downpour and good ol fashioned t+l. Hopefully any remnant circulation will track favorably and initiate a + day in convection coverage. 

Thank goodness, but Marco was a dud along the Gulf coast.  I am in wait and see mode on Laura...seems like we need another day or so to know what kind of threat she will be later this week.

Gulf storms are fun to watch cause its a powder keg at times.  This thing will go from anemic mess to sweet circular saw in a day.

13 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

There is one up the bay member on the 12z Euro EPS. Cat 5 up the bay it's there look for it...

We can only hope. We need a real storm up here.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Latest forecast has Laura reaching low end Cat 3 just before making landfall, with winds of 115 mph.

Houston, We have a Problem.

19 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

And, we’re in our own little bubble of possible TS Force winds.

The euro looked good.  My first (semi) tropical event here was a gulf storm.. I remember walking in front of Golden Ring Middleschool pretending fly like superman in the winds.. I wonder which one it was (late 80s).. I know it got pretty windy up here.. I guess if it moves fast enough we can get in to some good winds

44 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

The euro looked good.  My first (semi) tropical event here was a gulf storm.. I remember walking in front of Golden Ring Middleschool pretending fly like superman in the winds.. I wonder which one it was (late 80s).. I know it got pretty windy up here.. I guess if it moves fast enough we can get in to some good winds

You might be thinking of Gloria from 85' .Hit NE Baltimore pretty good and a quick hitter . 

You live in the Rosedale/ Golden Ring area ?

I use to frequent the old Golden ring mall back in the day (80s ) as a kid . They've since bulldozed it lol

Its been trending west every day.  At some point it will stop as it gets closer but more a Houston threat than LA threat IMO

1 hour ago, Weather Will said:

Serious business...no one should wish this for here or anywhere....  6Z EURO WB.

I'll wish those on this subforum every day of the season. I'd love to see that in this part of the country. Once in a lifetime event.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1