Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2020 New England Banter & Random Obs

CapturedNature

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You didn’t answer my question

Sorry! I'm honestly torn. I love experiencing all the seasons and really miss the excitement of an incoming snowstorm. 

I don't think I could live in Hawaii long term, though I could take the occasional trip to big island to chase some snow in the winter.

1 hour ago, mattb65 said:

Sorry! I'm honestly torn. I love experiencing all the seasons and really miss the excitement of an incoming snowstorm. 

I don't think I could live in Hawaii long term, though I could take the occasional trip to big island to chase some snow in the winter.

Well hopefully travel is easier soon so you can see some snow!

15 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Well hopefully travel is easier soon so you can see some snow!

I sure hope so, the local news reported that Hawaiian Airlines is resuming direct flights to Boston in August.

Before this whole thing hit I had been planning to do some locums work but obviously that's a no go until things change.

Maybe I can convince my family to travel to Australia or New Zealand for some snow chasing next year...

30 minutes ago, mattb65 said:

I sure hope so, the local news reported that Hawaiian Airlines is resuming direct flights to Boston in August.

Before this whole thing hit I had been planning to do some locums work but obviously that's a no go until things change.

Maybe I can convince my family to travel to Australia or New Zealand for some snow chasing next year...

New Zealand is supposed to be among the great places to be!

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden's daily tally of new COVID-19 cases fell to its lowest since late May on Tuesday, a sharp reversal from June when expanded testing fuelled record numbers in a country that drew global attention for its rejection of a lockdown.

Cases in the Nordic country have declined sharply over the past few days and on Tuesday only 283 new cases were recorded.

49 minutes ago, kdxken said:

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden's daily tally of new COVID-19 cases fell to its lowest since late May on Tuesday, a sharp reversal from June when expanded testing fuelled record numbers in a country that drew global attention for its rejection of a lockdown.

Cases in the Nordic country have declined sharply over the past few days and on Tuesday only 283 new cases were recorded.

The virus won’t last forever… Don’t tell industrialized mass media’s unscrupulous information manipulation or a society that’s addicted to information drama… But eventually there will be no pandemic whether that happens sooner or later there will come that time 

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The virus won’t last forever… Don’t tell industrialized mass media’s unscrupulous information manipulation or a society that’s addicted to information drama… But eventually there will be no pandemic whether that happens sooner or later there will come that time 

They will just find something new. Also, since the media and politicians now know that people mostly accept shutdowns in the name of "public safety," expect this to happen again pretty soon with some other "risk to public health." The genie is out of the bottle.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

They will just find something new. Also, since the media and politicians now know that people mostly accept shutdowns in the name of "public safety," expect this to happen again pretty soon with some other "risk to public health." The genie is out of the bottle.

Like what? Triple eee? West Nile?

5 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, shutting stuff down and crippling the economy is great policy, all the politicians will be lining up to do it... Great way for them to get reelected. :arrowhead:

10 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

For sure.  I have never seen a single event garner as much news media attention as this virus.  The coverage, including the mis-interpretation of data, and information from experts and government officials alike.  ...The problem is, and as it has always been, is that the news outlets don't care. They want to be the FIRST to get it to you and me... They don't give a sh*t what they put out there, and for the most part, the public eats it up regardless.  It doesn't matter if what is thrown on to the wall sticks or not, whether it's truth or fiction, the general populous gobbles it up like left over turkey on the last Friday of November.  It is downright scary how much the news media controls people's thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2