Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring 2020 New England Banter & Random Obs

CapturedNature

15 minutes ago, Weather_or_Not said:

Wait, hold up. We are surging in cases all over the US and the mods thought it would be a good idea to CENSOR and REMOVE information on a freakin' pandemic? Because there is a touch of politics in it? People want/need that information, and it is crazy to outright remove the thread. It ain't right.

Reality is people didn't like push back in their partisan views, it's how they roll. Nothing new, suppression of thought other than the party line eventually leads to topics being deleted.  We all saw it coming,   it was a game plan. NBD we know how we roll and how they snitch.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

I appreciated welcoming back a former SNE member and the varied perspectives brought to the table. It's nice to have an open discussion without widespread misinformation or conspiracy theories.

Aloha, hope everyone gets through this. 

20200705_060140_copy_1612x784.thumb.jpg.c10e316cb8e25dc8cf8d245a14e6c3b6.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mattb65 said:

I appreciated welcoming back a former SNE member and the varied perspectives brought to the table. It's nice to have an open discussion without widespread misinformation or conspiracy theories.

Tell the truth-you’re missing snow right?

59 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Peak hurricane season model head fakes come first. Then we set our sights on the white rain season.

The water off the Southern and Mid Atlantic coast is heating up . Maybe we will get a hurricane up here in August  or September.

• Like 1

Exactly, Coastal is dead on. 5 post them everyday if u need to. The info in this thread was fantastic and extremely helpful. Ridiculous to shut it down. Shut down the idiots. 90% of the posts were insightful and good. Bad idea to end it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Reality is people didn't like push back in their partisan views, it's how they roll. Nothing new, suppression of thought other than the party line eventually leads to topics being deleted.  We all saw it coming,   it was a game plan. NBD we know how we roll and how they snitch.

The constant politicalization of it was the problem. Turning it constantly into a left vs right fight, turing reopening decisions and mask wearing into a left vs right thing, turning wanting to be caustion into you are are scared liberal...that was the issue and why it went away.

There are a lot of things with this virus that should cross political lines, but unfortunately one side especially has weaponized it and denied it and it was spilling into a ton of the posts.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Or maybe target the posters being idiots and 5ppd them for a time? Honestly it was a good thread for info. I read that more vs anything online or TV.  It really was a good thread for info..hate to see it shut down. 

Can’t tell how many times we’ve said this before.  We don’t have the ability to post limit posters.  We can warn, suspend, and ban.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

I'm already counting down the days until winter

We're losing almost a minute a day now.  All down hill from here.

1 hour ago, mattb65 said:

Epstein didn't kill himself.  Fact.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

So true. It's too bad. It was a great source of important information. With the way Covid 19 is presented by all the politicians,  it's nearly impossible to not have politics rear its ugly head in the thread. But they threw the baby out with the bath water. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Can’t tell how many times we’ve said this before.  We don’t have the ability to post limit posters.  We can warn, suspend, and ban.  

Suspend them. You guys numerous times have said to leave the attacks and politics out of the thread. If they don't listen, put them in time out. 

• Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

The constant politicalization of it was the problem. Turning it constantly into a left vs right fight, turing reopening decisions and mask wearing into a left vs right thing, turning wanting to be caustion into you are are scared liberal...that was the issue and why it went away.

There are a lot of things with this virus that should cross political lines, but unfortunately one side especially has weaponized it and denied it and it was spilling into a ton of the posts.

You were a huge part of the problem . It was a great thread until posters from other areas of the country came in spewing nonsense and scare tactics. Same thing that happened when they split the board onto sub forums. So thanks. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

You were a huge part of the problem . It was a great thread until posters from other areas of the country came in spewing nonsense and scare tactics. Same thing that happened when they split the board onto sub forums. So thanks. 

Lol.

All I am going to say is that at the beginning of this whole thing you were the biggest scare mongerer in the thread. I thought reasonable caution was appropriate and was truly concerned about the motivations to want to reopen and that I didn't think people could handle it. I always thought that the worst case was overblown but I think people were rushing to reopen. I was also there for 3 months and the issues only started when a couple pepole showed up.

That all said, you went from calling it apocalyptic to a hoax almost overnight.

1 minute ago, KPITSnow said:

Lol.

All I am going to say is that at the beginning of this whole thing you were the biggest scare mongerer in the thread. I thought reasonable caution was appropriate and was truly concerned about the motivations to want to reopen and that I didn't think people could handle it. I always thought that the worst case was overblown but I think people were rushing to reopen. I was also there for 3 months and the issues only started when a couple pepole showed up.

That all said, you went from calling it apocalyptic to a hoax almost overnight.

Initially it was an issue but as we learned more about, we learned it’s almost exclusively a threat to the elderly and unhealthy. We learned of scare tactics, political agendas , and how to live normal life over the last couple of months. As long as folks practice good methodology and respect the seniors vulnerabilities, it’s not an issue for most . It’s akin to getting the flu in most cases. Case closed 

• Weenie 2

Lol, I'm done. It you want to look at who derailed things it was the people who politicized things like mask wearing and reopening.

If SNE wants to start the thread again but only allow people from the sub to post I will gladly not post and enjoy the daily postings as it was a great wealth of info.

• Weenie 3

[mention=71]wxtrix[/mention] claims another victim
Silly really, we should be better at self moderation and not answer every post people make, if we ignore the political crap they will go away, but some folks here have no self control. They have to win every debate, is sad to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Initially it was an issue but as we learned more about, we learned it’s almost exclusively a threat to the elderly and unhealthy. We learned of scare tactics, political agendas , and how to live normal life over the last couple of months. As long as folks practice good methodology and respect the seniors vulnerabilities, it’s not an issue for most . It’s akin to getting the flu in most cases. Case closed 

So the high risk group includes all of your parents and grand parents, both candidates for president, etc.  Many of those who have had it and recovered are still not the same.   If you get a mild case it’s probably manageable.   But if you-Kevin-avid runner-got covid you probably wouldn’t be running for months.   As an older person still out there and not shut in, I take every possible precaution but live my life.

20 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So the high risk group includes all of your parents and grand parents, both candidates for president, etc.  Many of those who have had it and recovered are still not the same.   If you get a mild case it’s probably manageable.   But if you-Kevin-avid runner-got covid you probably wouldn’t be running for months.   As an older person still out there and not shut in, I take every possible precaution but live my life.

100% agree though I’d be back running in a week or two tops. I would  wear a mask in your presence if you feel more comfortable. I leave it up to the individuals. For example, my wife’s 88 yr old father is in the Cape with all the kids, families, cousins. Youngest 13, oldest 22. He had no fears and does not want us to wear a mask. I saw both my parents many times over the last 30-45 days and no one wore masks. Both well into their 70’s.But if they wanted us to, we would have . The first few months we stayed away, never saw them and made sure all were safe. As society has figured this thing out and gotten past the initial scare and subsequent and still ongoing scare tactics, we can live life as normal as is possible given the conditions. I’m not out to put anyone’s health in danger or make them scared. If they feel that way, we mask . I always ask. What our family will not do is live life scared 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

100% agree and I would wear a mask in your presence if you feel more comfortable. I leave it up to the individuals. For example, my wife’s 87 yr old father is in the Cape with all the kids, families, cousins. Youngest 13, oldest 22. He had no fears and does not want us to wear a mask. I saw both my parents many times over the last 30-45 days and no one wore masks. Both well into their 70’s.But if they wanted us to, we would have . The first few months we stayed away, never saw them and made sure all were safe. As society has figured this thing out and gotten past the initial scare and subsequent and still ongoing scare tactics, we can live life as normal as is possible given the conditions. I’m not out to put anyone’s health in danger or make them scared. If they feel that way, we mask . I always ask. What our family will not do is live life scared 

I was a lot more apprehensive going to work early on but now it’s routine like everything else. All of our extended family are in Chicago, NYC, California but we have many friends here.  We had a neighborhood party last night outdoors.  When we all come indoors in the fall I suspect people will be more apprehensive.  If we don’t get a second wave ala 1918 we should be ok but that’s a big if.  I’m not of the mind to take unnecessary risks for the purpose of working so I plan to be retired before winter.  I have not been inconvenienced all that much-have enjoyed no longer wearing a tie at work and not having to fly anywhere.  However I miss my grandchildren a lot and really need to get out to California before too long once the surge does down out there.

• Like 2

Let's all agree to keep politics out of here.

The 1st one to wade into a non informative discussion goes.

I am not pointing to anyone but this was one of the best cohesive disco's in a long time and it's gone. I know the adults in here can police this.

This has had many turns and some like me in late February still weren't sure what this was.

Now my position flipped 6 to 7 weeks ago and I am glad it did.

I would really like to see us get to a resolution, I think the people who have been informative throughout deserve that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1