Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2020 New England Banter & Random Obs

CapturedNature

25 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Looking for the CV thread.  I see it got taken away.  Damn.  I would skim that thread to get so much useful info.  There should have been a discussion first before taking it down.  Yeah it got political and nasty but was great info.  I say put it back up please?

It had run its course. We’re the most lenient subforum when it comes to moderation, but the thread had become more and more political. Early on, the thread typically got back on track quickly when it strayed, but the political posts and personal attacks started dominating ....and rather than start expending more time and energy moderating people for content in a thread that was marginal even in it’s early days, it was decided to shut it down. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Absolutely nobody is surprised posters from

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Absolutely nobody is surprised posters from other sub forums came in and ruined it. Hope those folks are happy.

Shout out to all the NE folks who kept it above board for the most part over the last 4 months.

sub forums came in and ruined it. Hope those folks are happy.

Shout out to all the NE folks who kept it above board for the most part over the last 4 months.

This is an embarrassing take. Posters from this subforum shitted up discussion regularly. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

9 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I'm not sure why there were way more fireworks  this year. Maybe they had easier access to them this year compared to past years.

Towns all canceled their's and people were bored and maybe had a little extra $ ?

Where were NYC folks buying them, PA or NH? 

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Quite possible but this has been going on since May.

Out here in my rural area I hadn’t really heard any until 7/3.  Last night was actually quieter than some other 4ths.  
In more urban areas people have been going crazy since May with them.  I love them in the right place and time but it was a bit ridiculous lately

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Absolutely nobody is surprised posters from other sub forums came in and ruined it. Hope those folks are happy.

Yea it was inevitable once the MA showed up. Cant imagine living like they do. Oh well they won't be missed.  Viva New England,  long live Gods Country.  

• Weenie 1

31 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Despite the political acrimony, the COVID thread was one of the best places on the Internet for up to date info. It's too bad it went off the rails, and yet it seemed almost inevitable.

Yep we had our rifts but we know each other so well, we police ourselves and bust balls. They don't understand us. Our mods do. Whatever.  Viva la Revolution, once a New Englander forum member always a NE'r.

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yep we had our rifts but we know each other so well, we police ourselves and bust balls. They don't understand us. Our mods do. Whatever.  Viva la Revolution, once a New Englander forum member always a NE'r.

that is known 

the reasons for it being shut down are like everything else in this world ...politically correct lip service so some aren’t offended 

If the MA crew wasn’t in the thread , it would be alive and open today . That’s a fact .

I only got in it a couple times in last few days as I had been gone for months . It’s such a delicate topic with people of differing viewpoints and emotions evolved but we had it going for months until a cancer or two arrived.  A spade is a spade .  

Off to the lake , jet skis and well ya more BBQ 

Hope EVERYONE enjoys the day . I meant that .

13 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

that is known 

the reasons for it being shut down are like everything else in this world ...politically correct lip service so some aren’t offended 

If the MA crew wasn’t in the thread , it would be alive and open today . That’s a fact .

I only got in it a couple times in last few days as I had been gone for months . It’s such a delicate topic with people of differing viewpoints and emotions evolved but we had it going for months until a cancer or two arrived.  A spade is a spade .  

Off to the lake , jet skis and well ya more BBQ 

Hope EVERYONE enjoys the day . I meant that .

Dry air is here, party like its 1999 again today. Corn hole Champion here. Have a great day Pic. Someone deleted my Nick is a backstabber post. He blamed me in the political thread. Dry snitches

• Weenie 1

My $.02 - and worth no more than that - maybe a new Covid thread could be tried again, late in the year after the election and not in a regional subforum. At that point, hopefully, we could be faced with a unique situation in which multiple vaccines are pending and we all have decisions to make. Information and discussion might well prove invaluable.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dry air is here, party like its 1999 again today. Corn hole Champion here. Have a great day Pic. Someone deleted my Nick is a backstabber post. He blamed me in the political thread. Dry snitches

I deleted both of them.  You have a problem With what he said, take it to that site.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

You guys can go to AmPol if you want to immerse yourselves in the vibe of the last few pages of the COVID thread. I haven't visited the site in a year so you won't see me there, but I'm sure they have a thread full of hot takes to peruse.

No thanks on the Ampol.
I’m not innocent either. We all have biases. I’m probably 180 degrees politically from a lot on here. That’s ok. What makes the world go round. 
The whole thing has turned way too political. There’s good arguments on either side. But we have to find a way to come together on it.

My bigger concern with the whole thing was out of area moderators showing up over night threatening to ban New Englanders from their own forum. That’s unacceptable.

And Taunton is right, we never did find out how much a Market Basket manger makes. Burning question. 

• Thanks 1

Wait, hold up. We are surging in cases all over the US and the mods thought it would be a good idea to CENSOR and REMOVE information on a freakin' pandemic? Because there is a touch of politics in it? People want/need that information, and it is crazy to outright remove the thread. It ain't right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Weather_or_Not said:

Wait, hold up. We are surging in cases all over the US and the mods thought it would be a good idea to CENSOR and REMOVE information on a freakin' pandemic? Because there is a touch of politics in it? People want/need that information, and it is crazy to outright remove the thread. It ain't right.

The thread went way off course a few times.