• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2020 New England Banter & Random Obs

CapturedNature

This probably won't surprise you guys too much (especially the country folks in the far north) but we had a coyote roaming through our neighborhood as I was walking the little pooch around sunset yesterday. The little guy must've been hungry because as I started heading back I could see him shadowing us ever so slowly. Interestingly, he continued following us up my driveway even after I got the dog inside. I did manage to chase it off but its just insane how brazen the animals are right now. Wondering if the lack of human activity and the lockdown policies have had any effect on their population or behavior? Either way, that was a bit of a wake up call hah. Honestly, thought it was a curious dog initially but its movements were just a little off for it to be someone's pet that had gotten loose lol

50 minutes ago, Snowedin said:

This probably won't surprise you guys too much (especially the country folks in the far north) but we had a coyote roaming through our neighborhood as I was walking the little pooch around sunset yesterday. The little guy must've been hungry because as I started heading back I could see him shadowing us ever so slowly. Interestingly, he continued following us up my driveway even after I got the dog inside. I did manage to chase it off but its just insane how brazen the animals are right now. Wondering if the lack of human activity and the lockdown policies have had any effect on their population or behavior? Either way, that was a bit of a wake up call hah. Honestly, thought it was a curious dog initially but its movements were just a little off for it to be someone's pet that had gotten loose lol

Good chance it was rabid

Relatively quiet in North Conway from a crowd perspective.  Had lunch in Flatbreads and there was no crowd, it was mostly empty.  Did the annual Zebs visit and there was a small wait outside as they were keeping crowds down inside.  Also asked that you go through the store only one way.  Was nice for a change to be able to enjoy the store without mobs of people.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Relatively quiet in North Conway from a crowd perspective.  Had lunch in Flatbreads and there was no crowd, it was mostly empty.  Did the annual Zebs visit and there was a small wait outside as they were keeping crowds down inside.  Also asked that you go through the store only one way.  Was nice for a change to be able to enjoy the store without mobs of people.

As many times as I’ve hung out in NC I have never set foot in Zebs.  My wife goes in from time to time.   I gotta go sometime. 

11 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

As many times as I’ve hung out in NC I have never set foot in Zebs.  My wife goes in from time to time.   I gotta go sometime. 

Just your typical Country Store but always nice to see what they have.  Grab some candy or salsa, spices, rubs, sauces. Pretty much anything you want.   Local too.

It’s still here, y’all just can’t see it.  Not going to delete it or move it.  Thread has far too much political overtones and personalities of members who can’t get along with each other were creating a toxic environment for the thread to remain open.  It moved beyond its original premise.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

There was a lot of garbage being shouted. It had useful info for quite a while but some people spoiled it.  I wish it wasn’t deleted though.   
Murky here but typical July humid morning

Ya if they left the virus of 1-2 M.A folk out , it would still be here . That was a joke of a call .

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

It’s still here, y’all just can’t see it.  Not going to delete it or move it.  Thread has far too much political overtones and personalities of members who can’t get along with each other were creating a toxic environment for the thread to remain open.  It moved beyond its original premise.

Understood. I thought overall it was such an informative thread with really important information during this time.

I was looking forward to the day we got a breakthrough in either a treatment and/or a vaccine.

I think after all the hard work over the months by so many that it would have been a nice payoff for all those that kept it above the fray.

Thanks for having me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I think it was a great idea for you to start the thread. It  certainly is an important topic to discuss.  The issue is  some people became obsessed with the topic. They were constantly posting in the thread. 

My winter storm threat threads die quickly--usually within 4 model runs.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Looking for the CV thread.  I see it got taken away.  Damn.  I would skim that thread to get so much useful info.  There should have been a discussion first before taking it down.  Yeah it got political and nasty but was great info.  I say put it back up please?

There’d been enough discussion amongst the Staff and it was agreed to pull the plug on it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

This is why we can’t have nice things.   The longest thread in AmWx history had some great info shared in it.  Thanks to all who stayed above the fray.  

The virus thread was really informative.  Some bad apples ruined the thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

This is why we can’t have nice things.   The longest thread in AmWx history had some great info shared in it.  Thanks to all who stayed above the fray.  

Absolutely nobody is surprised posters from other sub forums came in and ruined it. Hope those folks are happy.

Shout out to all the NE folks who kept it above board for the most part over the last 4 months.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

43 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Looks like Fauci shut down the economic thread as well . Is this a joke . Seriously 

I closed it temporarily to sort thru it all.  No reason your thread should remain in the sub forum with the other one closed.  If the thread can’t remain related to the economics and becomes too political, it’ll be shut down though.

• Haha 1