Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2020 New England Banter & Random Obs

CapturedNature

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Not sure of the name but they're harmless

I am on the verge of a panic attack. Was in the bathroom looked down and there it was behind the toilet. How the fook did this thing not only get inside the house but the bathroom??? I’m so freaking sick and tired of this. I’m legit calling an exterminator and having them spray all over the house. There are no windows or no nothing connecting the bathroom to the outside. There is a vent which just leads into a tiny room where the hot water heater is. We don’t have a basement either. This is scary. I hope the hell the cat finds it. There’s nobody here to kill it either. I have no clue what to do. My room is right next to the bathroom too. Son of a bitch stay the hey out of my house. There’s nothing in here for you. God damn it 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

You couldn't pay me enough money to ever make me visit Australia. 

I was helping my aunt with yard work a few summers back in walpole NH.. when I moved a rock there was a black widow under it first and last time I hope I see that lol

29 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

this guy? https://spiderid.com/spider/pisauridae/dolomedes/tenebrosus/

My first thought was a wolf, but that seems too obvious

A friend of mine said that’s what it is too. I guess they aren’t sighted much? Do I gotta out a sighting report on that page? God why is this happening :( :( :( 

Just now, ma blizzard said:

wiz you are lil child :lol:

just grab a jar or Tupperware, put it over the spider, slide a piece of paper underneath and then you can put it back outside .. 

Oh helllllll no. I had to do that with a giant mother hornet last week. That was scary enough. But my aunt said if the cat gets a hold of it the cat will die. So I shut the bathroom door and she can get it after 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, ma blizzard said:

wiz you are lil child :lol:

just grab a jar or Tupperware, put it over the spider, slide a piece of paper underneath and then you can put it back outside .. 

Sounds a bit like my sister-in-law, who is otherwise a great lady and doing strong in her 70s (same decade as I'm in.)  Some years ago she and my brother were staying at our parents' NNJ home, using the spare downstairs bedroom.  About 4 AM one night she shook my brother awake, saying, "There's a spider in here!  I can hear it!"  My brother dutifully got up, turned on the light and proceeded to search all over the room for about 20 minutes, finally discovering a spider about the size of a pinhead.  He dispatched it, carefully showed the carcass to his wife, and all slept peacefully the rest of the night.

• Like 1