Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
COVID-19 Talk

mappy

29 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

This is a flat out lie. There is a difference between probable cases we are counting and just natural causes for at home deaths. They arent all being reported as covid. Stop.

Phineas C, PhD, MD said so Bx.  Stop trying to cover things up!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

mmmmm  not sure, but ill take your word for it. 

in the end, our positive cases are going to continue to rise as we test more residents. and it should be expected every time there is an update. it shouldn't be a metric for reopening and it shouldn't be something to fret over. 

The new positives reported each day would eventually decrease if the infection rate of the virus slows (R0<1), even with increased testing. This happened in New York State, where they have seen both a decrease in # of positives and in increase in # of tests. https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/views/NYS-COVID19-Tracker/NYSDOHCOVID-19Tracker-DailyTracker?%3Aembed=yes&%3Atoolbar=no&%3Atabs=n

Just now, heavy_wx said:

The new positives reported each day would eventually decrease if the infection rate of the virus slows (R0<1), even with increased testing. This happened in New York State, where they have seen both a decrease in # of positives and in increase in # of tests. https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/views/NYS-COVID19-Tracker/NYSDOHCOVID-19Tracker-DailyTracker?%3Aembed=yes&%3Atoolbar=no&%3Atabs=n

right. i think i said that later on. as we test more, more will be negative thus lowering the %

we arent testing enough now, hence the consistent % positive (which was my point).

12 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

One week in, Georgia's reopening appears to be doing nothing. Most restaurants still closed, nail salons opening are not getting customers, etc. I've heard some reports on NPR and have seen a lot on social media about this (I do social media monitoring as part of my job).

The governor simply rescinded an order that made it illegal to operate certain types of businesses.  None of the businesses are required to open their doors and nobody is required to show up.  It’s going to be a slow return to any type of normalcy even after stay at home/close your business or else orders are lifted.  But better to start now IMO, so the process can work it self out over the next couple months.

• Like 1

It also appears that the predictions of people flooding to restaurants and malls once the orders are lifted have turned out to be wrong.  Go figure.  People will default to their primitive instincts when they think their safety and security are in danger.  The economy is hampered primarily by fear of the virus -- not government restrictions - and it was in free-fall before the restrictions were put in place.  Address the virus and you'll address the economy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Inverted_Trough said:

It also appears that the predictions of people flooding to restaurants and malls once the orders are lifted have turned out to be wrong.  Go figure.  People will default to their primitive instincts when they think their safety and security are in danger.  The economy is hampered primarily by fear of the virus -- not government restrictions - and it was in free-fall before the restrictions were put in place.  Address the virus and you'll address the economy.

Exactly what  I've been trying to say. People think "reopen" will bring back the economy roaring, and that the lockdowns are keeping the economy dead.

In reality, all reopen is going to do is get people spreading again without much of an economic benefit.

43 minutes ago, Inverted_Trough said:

People need to go buy their AR-15s because apparently that's the only way to go out in public these days

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Exactly what  I've been trying to say. People think "reopen" will bring back the economy roaring, and that the lockdowns are keeping the economy dead.

In reality, all reopen is going to do is get people spreading again without much of an economic benefit.

In all honesty I don’t think either of these are true.  I don’t think anyone believes that simply reopening will bring the economy roaring back.  

I also don’t think that all reopening is going to do is get people spreading without much an economic benefit.  We simply cannot stay closed forever because we are afraid of spreading the virus.  The virus is going to spread.  How much and how fast depends on how responsible we are as a society.  We have to reopen when it is safe to do so.  It’s not going to bring the economy roaring back but every little bit helps.  

• mappy locked this topic
  • mappy unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic