Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
COVID-19 Talk

mappy

Just now, supernovasky said:

THAT picture is clearly a risk...

Remember one of the biggest clusters came from spring break travelers.

Yes but doesn’t mean they gave it to each other on the beach.  The bigger issue is sharing hotel rooms, bars, restaurants, etc.   I assume these are mostly residents hanging out on the beach with their families.  

Just now, supernovasky said:

THAT picture is clearly a risk...

Remember one of the biggest clusters came from spring break travelers.

I think the spring break thing probably had to do more with the incredible amounts of drinking/hooking up that occurs at spring break.  I don’t think the act of sitting on the beach would be THAT risky. 

Just now, jaydreb said:

It probably looks worse than it actually is.  If people keep their distance from one another the risk of transmission is fairly low.  The other issue, however, is that all those people are touching more gas pumps, parking meters, etc.  

That's the bigger problem. A lot of people don't realize... all these people have to use the bathroom somewhere. Water fountains, passing by each other without 6 feet of distance on piers, not wearing masks, going to the same stores beforehand nearby to purchase supplies, kids playing with other kids, picking things up that strangers drop.

And let's not forget just the simple act of gathering people who haven't hung out to "go hang out for a beach day", so even a lot of these individual groups may be people from different households congregating.

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

So if every study and all data is useless what are you using to form your opinion?  

I don’t think the data shared in this thread/news is useless, but I also don’t think it’s been fair sided discussion. The folks that don’t agree with wearing some stupid ass mask seem to be silenced and shamed, but that’s life these days. Nobody can talk it through/listen to others views.

Just now, Rvarookie said:

I don’t think the data shared in this thread/news is useless, but I also don’t think it’s been fair sided discussion. The folks that don’t agree with wearing some stupid ass mask seem to be silenced and shamed, but that’s life these days. Nobody can talk it through/listen to others views.

The data on masks is pretty clear, they reduce the risk of transmission if you’re in a place close to other people.  Don’t think that’s very controversial. 

I think the most important thing to realize is... the disease spreads through the gathering of people. The more you can reduce the gathering of people, the more you'll reduce the spread. Pictures like that show exactly how new infections can still take place right now, and it wouldn't surprise me to discover that people that are going to the beaches are going to come down with it 1-2 weeks from now.

Not worth the risk IMO. I saw a hiking trail packed with people today, it would have been impossible to social distance. People breathing all over as they pass you by without masks. 

I turned around and went to a lighter populated trail.

This level of congregation is irresponsible IMO.

2 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

That's the bigger problem. A lot of people don't realize... all these people have to use the bathroom somewhere. Water fountains, passing by each other without 6 feet of distance on piers, not wearing masks, going to the same stores beforehand nearby to purchase supplies, kids playing with other kids, picking things up that strangers drop.

And let's not forget just the simple act of gathering people who haven't hung out to "go hang out for a beach day", so even a lot of these individual groups may be people from different households congregating.

What if you are wrong? What if you are the one freaking out?

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

Masks shouldn't be controversial at all. Every place that's ever gotten this under control has had widespread mask adoption. 

This. Masks are more about protecting the people your around. I'm in a retail store 10 hours a day wearing a mask so its a little infuriating when someone doesnt want to wear a mask for the 20 minutes there in the store.

• Like 4

I described my ordeal with pnemonia diagnosed 2/22 which was not ID as Covid. They helped me greatly at the Urgent Care and that “rescue inhaler” really cleared things up over a 7 day period. Last two days before and after starting it  were awful.

Now my insurance wants a retest or reexamination but Urgent Care won’t test not sick  people. I don’t know , trying to work it out. 

5 hours ago, DCTeacherman said:

Another 2k+ deaths today, just extrapolating what the back side of the US curve might look like based on Italy, I can’t see how we’d end up averaging less than 1k per day for a good part or all of May.  Good chance we’ll be 80-90k by the end of May.  Really terrible but i don’t see how we just drop down super fast. 

I hope not, smh And dang...ya know it's bad when even on a weekend where the reported numbers are usually lower...still couldn't avoid 2k. Mercy...

Happy Sunday morning to you all, here’s my (unsolicited and likely unwelcome) offering as I peruse this thread, which I think has been really great overall. I appreciate  the  house “trolls”  who act as judgmental thought police for anyone’s opinion which differs from the mind-numbing state and media-promoted narrative of fear, or who expresses disagreement with indefinite continuance of states’ strangulation of the economic fortunes of millions. It’s very instructive for the many who are paying close attention to the same events. It highlights and is illustrative of the current Grand Canyon divide which exists in our country. Thus it is a good vehicle for learning and discussion. 

Carry on and have a good day.

Respectfully submitted from the “ perimeter”of trolling....cause it takes one to know one.

10 hours ago, Rvarookie said:

Wearing a 'stupid ass mask' is a requirement in many states per Governor's orders if you want to enter a grocery store, hardware store, etc, so your 'views' on this are irrelevant. If you don't think its "fair" then don't enter a store. No one is forcing you to wear one while you are outside pissing in your yard.

9 minutes ago, baldereagle said:

Happy Sunday morning to you all, here’s my (unsolicited and likely unwelcome) offering as I peruse this thread, which I think has been really great overall. I appreciate  the  house “trolls”  who act as judgmental thought police for anyone’s opinion which differs from the mind-numbing state and media-promoted narrative of fear, or who expresses disagreement with indefinite continuance of states’ strangulation of the economic fortunes of millions. It’s very instructive for the many who are paying close attention to the same events. It highlights and is illustrative of the current Grand Canyon divide which exists in our country. Thus it is a good vehicle for learning and discussion. 

Carry on and have a good day.

Respectfully submitted from the “ perimeter”of trolling....cause it takes one to know one.

Ah ha, another judgmental lecture from a holier than thou passerby who offers nothing in the way of content.  For some reason this topic REALLY seems to agitate certain people.  I’m not sure why.  

9 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

I described my ordeal with pnemonia diagnosed 2/22 which was not ID as Covid. They helped me greatly at the Urgent Care and that “rescue inhaler” really cleared things up over a 7 day period. Last two days before and after starting it  were awful.

Now my insurance wants a retest or reexamination but Urgent Care won’t test not sick  people. I don’t know , trying to work it out. 

Are you fine now?  If so.. just ignore that.. you dont have to do anything to your body that you dont need or want

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Wearing a 'stupid ass mask' is a requirement in many states per Governor's orders, if you want to enter a grocery store, hardware store, etc, so your 'views' on this are irrelevant. If you don't think its "fair" then don't enter a store. No one is forcing you to wear one while you are outside pissing in your yard.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. There is nothing wrong with pissing in one’s own yard. My leyland’s have greatly benefited over the years with an occasional shot of nitrogen.

• Haha 1

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

Well that’s good news I guess, we need this thing ASAP. 

Yeah, he said the message is being sent loud and clear to get it done now. To the point the management is worried the FDA will come looking for answers at some point, but lots of things are being waived to get this made ASAP. 

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah, he said the message is being sent loud and clear to get it done now. To the point the management is worried the FDA will come looking for answers at some point, but lots of things are being waived to get this made ASAP. 

I might let a few people try that out before I rush to get it.

#swinefluvaccine

13 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

The risks of not getting it done quick probably outweigh some of the risks of making errors. 

• mappy locked this topic
  • mappy unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic