Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
COVID-19 Talk

mappy

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Take the # positive test per day divided by the number of tests conducted.  For example, there were 3,737 tests conducted on Thursday in Maryland with 879 positives.  So you would go 879/3737= 23%

As a reminder: we don’t know for sure when the tests were actually conducted. The numbers we get daily are tests that came back with results. :)

...doesnt change your point of course

Just now, mappy said:

As a reminder: we don’t know for sure when the tests were actually conducted. The numbers we get daily are tests that came back with results. :)

...don’t change your point of course

I answered Yoda's incorrectly so I deleted the post. He was looking for a data aggregation source, not the means on how to calculate.

6 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Take the # positive test per day divided by the number of tests conducted.  For example, there were 3,737 tests conducted on Thursday in Maryland with 879 positives.  So you would go 879/3737= 23%

They got the results back on the same day as the test?

44 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I answered Yoda's incorrectly so I deleted the post. He was looking for a data aggregation source, not the means on how to calculate.

All good, I know what you meant when you posted them. Just a general reminder for others who may not have known. 

9 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Absolutely. 

13 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

More new cases could just be a result of more widespread testing.  We probably should be tracking deaths and new hospitalizations. 

Yes, but if the # of tests goes up and the % of positives doesn’t drop (which is whats happening) that’s not good.  Ideally we’d maybe be seeing more cases but a lower % positive. 

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Hospitalizations is what MD is looking at for reopening criteria right?

"The primary gating benchmarks for Maryland are: first, the current hospitalization rate (including the current ICU bed usage rate) for COVID patients; and, second, the number of daily COVID deaths. Deaths are a lagging indicator, so the State’s primary gating metric for this recovery roadmap is the current COVID hospitalization rate. The rate of COVID patients occupying beds is currently our most accurate measure of our ability to slow the spread of this deadly disease in Maryland. However, once testing in the state becomes truly robust, new case rates could also become an effective gating metric in Maryland."

https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/MD_Strong.pdf

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Meadowood regional park in Timonium where I work part time was certainly more crowded than has been today. Certainly a product of a decent day and cabin fever. Lots of people out and about today. The stay at home order honestly as kind of become a joke. 

Hikes, walking, etc are specifically mentioned as exceptions in the stay at home order, so I can see why people are doing it - it's allowed under the rules.

But god they have to learn to wear masks and not congregate. There was NO social distancing at the first hiking trail I pulled up to, hence why I left it.

• mappy locked this topic
  • mappy unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic