Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
COVID-19 Talk

mappy

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m confused. Wasn’t it the federal government that said it was the state's responsibility to gather their own covid equipment? I realize Miami-Dade isn’t a state but why the contradiction?

The Feds have done this several times so far for this event.  FEMA has never done something like this before.  In the case of them seizing Delaware's stuff the state already paid the vendor money and it was grabbed en route.  It's unreal why this isn't national news.  

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m confused. Wasn’t it the federal government that said it was the state's responsibility to gather their own covid equipment? I realize Miami-Dade isn’t a state but why the contradiction?

This has been happening. Feds intercepting supplies, then offers them up to the highest bidder. 

Just now, supernovasky said:

Yup there are plenty of news stories about it.

It's why Hogan didn't announce until the tests were already in the warehouse. 

And another came in yesterday with more medical supplies, Hogan picked them up on the tarmac 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I am seriously loving Hogan. I was unsure of how to feel about him as I had only recently moved to Maryland when I voted for him, but his management has been top notch.

Not to get into weeds politically, I won’t comment on my overall feelings of his terms, but he has definitely stepped up during this pandemic. It helps the anxiety of not knowing what’s to come or how long this stay at home lasts. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

I live on a golf course.  people cluster together on the holes all day long.  social distancing is a joke to them.

This makes an excellent example of statements, which I see vehemently complained of here, made with no supporting facts, nothing but a personal judgment that any golfer must not possess any self-awareness, but acts selfishly/ignorantly. How is that presumption logical?

1 hour ago, baldereagle said:

This makes an excellent example of statements, which I see vehemently complained of here, made with no supporting facts, nothing but a personal judgment that any golfer must not possess any self-awareness, but acts selfishly/ignorantly. How is that presumption logical?

Agree, golf courses have been closed so who is say how golfers would act if courses reopened and they were expected to practice social distancing.  I imagine they would be just fine with it. 

1 hour ago, wxtrix said:

because i’ve seen it 100+ times and because i have a reputation here for making factual posts.

if you have something other than your weird animus for me to offer in a rebuttal, i’ll be happy to entertain it.

This seems pretty anecdotal to me, despite your reputation for making factual posts.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

This seems pretty anecdotal to me, despite your reputation for making factual posts.

I trusted it based on her history of facts, ya know? Why lie about what she sees out her back door? My 2 cents

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

Oh ok, so I guess that’s you’re observation at one course, not sure it scales to all golfers in the state but didn’t realize people were still golfing. 

I golf every week weather permitting.  We instituted some really great social distancing/surface contact measures.  Food is only on a to go basis delivered outside. No more than two people in the locker room or pro shop at one time.  Then on the course we encourage everyone to take their own cart if they must ride, but encourage walking.  We cut up some pool noodles and put them at the base of the flagsticks (ball never actually goes in the hole and flagstick never has to be touched.  No raking of bunkers.  But even taking all those steps we get constant complaints from the neighborhood Facebook groups demanding we shut down our course over “social distancing”.  The real problem is they are unhappy people that are infuriated by people enjoying themselves in their line of vision. 

5 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

social distancing means people stay 6' away from each other so they don't transmit and therefore spread a deadly disease for which is there is no cure.

all of that other stuff, which every course is doing, isn't social distancing.

I don't understand why I shouldn't be concerned about groups of people deliberately disregarding the guidelines that are supposed to keep the rest of us safe.

Well maybe we should post guideline compliance monitors at every hole.  There are 26 million people out of work.  I’m sure they need something to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I know the JHU site and the Worldometer update at different rates, but they are off by >2K fatalities right now!  That's like a whole day or two's difference.  Not sure why.

eta..and 20K cases!  

Johns Hopkins is not deduplicating their data...  make me ashamed to be an Alumni... 

5 hours ago, wxtrix said:

because i’ve seen it 100+ times and because i have a reputation here for making factual posts.

if you have something other than your weird animus for me to offer in a rebuttal, i’ll be happy to entertain it.

Well i thank you for your condescension. And the undercover photos of nefarious golfers. This has strengthened your rep for making factual posts! 

• Thanks 1

• mappy locked this topic
  • mappy unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic