Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
COVID-19 Talk

mappy

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

Yeah I’m not even worried about fully normal, I’m just looking forward to family/friend gatherings under 10 people.  Seeing all the family and friends we haven’t been seeing. 

Same. I'd be a LOT less worried about visiting the 60-70 year olds in my church, who I regularly used to have dinner with, if there was widespread testing.

9 minutes ago, Inverted_Trough said:

South Korea is donating 750000 tests.  Sounds like this is separate from Maryland's request though.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/13/politics/south-korea-coronavirus-tests/index.html

Looks like its separate. The lab giving MD tests is LabGenomics. That article mentions SolGent, SD Biosensor and OSang Healthcare 

3 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Worldometer with 96 new deaths in Maryland today, I’m guessing they just folded in all the probable deaths. 

yes, WoM said last week that they would be including probable cases/deaths as part of their daily numbers. 

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Scenes out of Harrisburg PA make me chuckle a bit. I don't know man...I don't know 

A question about ones right to assembly vs an executive order to maintain social distancing while such protest, by there nature, violate such executive orders brings up a lot of really interesting constitutional debates.. I am actually really sad that the governors havent attempted to stop the demonstrations by use of force/ arrest

Just now, 40westwx said:

A question about ones right to assembly vs an executive order to maintain social distancing while such protest, by there nature, violate such executive orders brings up a lot of really interesting constitutional debates.. I am actually really sad that the governors havent attempted to stop the demonstrations by use of force/ arrest

That would play right into their hands of the "help, help I'm being oppressed".  

Until now I hadn't had any family get it...but now my uncle (and the other three occupants in that house or whatever it is) got it in this facility he's had to stay in the past couple months, smh And he's in that at risk age group and has an underlying condition (Parkinson's)...No fever, but just coughing. Folks, you just never know when it'll hit close...praying that their cases don't get any worse!

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

I'd let them protest, but fine them for violating social distancing protocol.  The states need the revenue from the sudden loss of parking tickets and sales tax receipts!

5 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

My thoughts exactly...shouts of tyrannical government would be the first thing we'd hear, smh

My grandfather organized several marches throughout the deep south in the 60s where he marched along side MLK.. he was locked up more times than not.  It did wonders for his cause!   We still have the pictures of him getting maced and attacked by police dogs.  I was 4 when he died (probable mafia hit).. everyone tells me I am exactly like him.  I wish I knew him.

16 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Until now I hadn't had any family get it...but now my uncle (and the other three occupants in that house or whatever it is) got it in this facility he's had to stay in the past couple months, smh And he's in that at risk age group and has an underlying condition (Parkinson's)...No fever, but just coughing. Folks, you just never know when it'll hit close...praying that their cases don't get any worse!

sorry to hear :( 

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s an interesting legal question. Idk. Historically, gov has been allowed by the courts to use broad powers to curtail freedoms during emergencies. Personally, I wouldn’t be putting first responders in harms way by engaging with these people. 

The revolt by the  thirteen colonies could have been considered an emergency by the British.. and it wouldnt have made any difference

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

They are out there doing their thing. Man some of those signs. I'm not seeing the connection..

Its a tough one to "support" i agree one has the right to protest, and i get the frustrations, but how about everyone just stay in their cars, honk a lot and then go home. this gathering in groups, stupid signs and guns are just not needed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

Its a tough one to "support" i agree one has the right to protest, and i get the frustrations, but how about everyone just stay in their cars, honk a lot and then go home. this gathering in groups, stupid signs and guns are just not needed.

Yeah, I agree.  I don't really "support" what they're standing for (and it sure looks to be a lot more than just a simple dislike of being forced to stay inside!  Guns and racist signs...really?).  And in a normal circumstance I wouldn't much care about them protesting as such even if I don't like what they stand for.  If a virus or other significant health issue weren't involved, I'd just roll my eyes at them and shake my head.  Because they wouldn't be harming anyone else just by being there spouting off whatever their message is.  That's really the significant difference here...they could potentially harm anyone else around them.

Just now, Always in Zugzwang said:

Yeah, I agree.  I don't really "support" what they're standing for (and it sure looks to be a lot more than just a simple dislike of being forced to stay inside!  Guns and racist signs...really?).  And in a normal circumstance I wouldn't much care about them protesting as such even if I don't like what they stand for.  If a virus or other significant health issue weren't involved, I'd just roll my eyes at them and shake my head.  Because they wouldn't be harming anyone else just by being there spouting off whatever their message is.  That's really the significant difference here...they could potentially harm anyone else around them.

Right, but the majority of them think its a sham. so why would they care? 

• Like 1

• mappy locked this topic
  • mappy unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic