Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
COVID-19 Talk

mappy

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s unbelievable. I’m burning through bread, milk, and cereal like never before. 

snacks. we go through snacks like no other. mostly the kid. i wouldn't even leave but not a single grocery store delivers to me, so i have no choice. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’ve never had so much food in this house in my life. The snack situation is a mess. 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aa67a06576fb1ceadcd

im really glad i have only been wearing elastic waistband pants, hides the weight i've been putting on by eating non stop. :lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Omg some of these video conference calls are :lol:

last week i chose to sit out the video part of my GIS groups weekly round table meeting. Then my kid got mad at me because SHE wanted to say hi to everyone. So this week, I took the time to freshen up a little (fixed my hair lol) so my kid could say hi during our meeting. everyone loved her. so, it was worth it i guess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Good suggestion @C.A.P.E.

Lets move all COVID chatter here, and please TRY to keep it as politics free as you can. I know that there will be mentions of pressers, articles, statements, facts, etc. But please try and not to throw blame around, put down others for there stances, etc. 

Stay well, friends. Don't make me delete your posts. :) 

you should have let me start the thread.. we could have named it the pdiii plague

17 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Omg some of these video conference calls are :lol:

I WFH 100%.. but now everyone else is 100% WFH. So my conference calls have increased three fold since this all started and I have theory why this is happening.. first off.. I write software for the Fed Govt.  That naturally means that for every one of me (the one that does the work).. there are 12 feds that that "talk about the work". 

When you make those 12 people go in to an office everyday it gives them the feeling that they are actually doing something.. like they are contributing.. they get to do there status meetings and check their emails.. maybe drum up some drama with their coworkers.. 

But then you make them go home.. I think they quickly realize the truth... and the truth is that they dont actually do anything.  

So in order to make them feel more relevant.. they schedule more meetings.  

If I was the president I would offer every single government employee early retirement buy out (three times their normal salary) and go in to the property management business.. 

I would offer one caveat.. if the employee feels that they are essentially.. they can stay on.

We set a cooler on the back patio...groceries that require refrigeration go into the cooler for 72 hour before bringing inside.  All other groceries are left in the car for 72 hours until we bring them inside.  If we need something before the 72 hours, we sanitize. Maybe its overkill?

The stress of our first grocery run is what pushed us to do this.  Handling everything, items sitting on the kitchen floor and on the counter, then touching the fridge handles and pantry cabinet we realized we had to sanitize all kinds of items and surfaces when we were done...Waiting 72 hour just offers a little peace of mind.

22 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

They’re always so adorable on camera but then I’m reminded that half the time they’re busy getting into trouble. Mischief makers lol.

I'm going to brag here:

My kid is an angel compared to many stories you hear. She isn't the draw on walls type of kid, never has been. She has always asked to do things, even things she knows we say no too (lol), before doing them. its really funny trading stories with my mom friends. we are incredibly lucky. 

And as far as groceries.  I've taken out two loans both times I've gone.  $300 each time.  And I am getting nothing but crap food.  Some of it has been based off availability.  Like last week all that was left in meat was meatloaf mix and chicken feet.  This week i got ground beef and breasts.  But TP still gone as was every pasta known to mankind.

I had my own hand sanitizer I took the first time and used it like whoa.  the second time I wore gloves the entire time and put the groceries away myself.  Gloves were then thrown into the wash.  They were cotton gloves.  It was only me and the cashier that handled the food.  Gotta trust that the cashier was healthy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

We set a cooler on the back patio...groceries that require refrigeration go into the cooler for 72 hour before bringing inside.  All other groceries are left in the car for 72 hours until we bring them inside.  If we need something before the 72 hours, we sanitize. Maybe its overkill?

The stress of our first grocery run is what pushed us to do this.  Handling everything, items sitting on the kitchen floor and on the counter, then touching the fridge handles and pantry cabinet we realized we had to sanitize all kinds of items and surfaces when we were done...Waiting 72 hour just offers a little peace of mind.

Good point.. I was thinking that I need to take more form precautions. When every I go to the grocery store the first thing I do is go the the grapes section and grab a bag open them and put them on the baby seat thing so I can snack on them on my way around the store. 

Last night I when I was doing it.. people were giving weird looks.. an then I realized that I was touching the grocery cart bar.. then the grapes.. then putting the grapes in my mouth.. 

Just now, mappy said:

I'm going to brag here:

My kid is an angel compared to many stories you hear. She isn't the draw on walls type of kid, never has been. She has always asked to do things, even things she knows we say no too (lol), before doing them. its really funny trading stories with my mom friends. we are incredibly lucky. 

The grown ups are sometimes worse.  Had a video meeting for the pool board I'm on.  One member decided to go do a couple things while it was going on so we got a tour of the house.  Other stories of people taking a dump and more while on these video chats.  Thats why you never schedule early morning ones.  Too many have BMs to do.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Today is looking bad. Morning update states are mostly in. 22k cases - 700 deaths already. We're heading for a 30k+ cases, 1.2-1.3k death day.

Still growing exponentially.

Louisiana looks terrible. Maryland has actually be pretty good compared to most states.

MD DOH only just started sharing negative tests, 18K I think was the number this morning and only just started opening more test sites.

Out of the hard numbers, we have roughly 2,300 positive cases out of roughly 21,000 tested. This includes those who had to be tested more than once, if its happened. 

what this doesn't include is all those out there who are sick but cannot get tested, which we know is happening. i personally do not know of anyone (in the state) who has wanted a test but couldn't get one, but I am sure many here do know someone like that. 

the numbers are also delayed. the numbers we see today (and I am talking confirmed cases, not deaths) are not real time numbers. tests results are taking anywhere from 3 to 10 days, if not longer, to get back. so numbers today may include those who came ill last week. we may never have a true sense of everyone who was infected for years after this is over. again, another discussion to be had later.

The one thing the state has going for it is Hogan who, IMO, acted quickly to shut things down. Is everyone listening to him? Nope, and they will pay the price for it. But most of us here are doing it, and it means our immediate homes will stay sickness free. we are all doing what we should be doing to stop the spread and keep ourselves safe. 

I personally think overall, when all is said and done, Maryland will come out of this on the better side of things compared to other states of similar populations. I just don't want to get too optimistic based on what we are seeing today. we are still heading up the curve... its going to be another couple weeks before we see improvements. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Today is looking bad. Morning update states are mostly in. 22k cases - 700 deaths already. We're heading for a 30k+ cases, 1.2-1.3k death day.

Still growing exponentially.

Louisiana looks terrible. Maryland has actually be pretty good compared to most states.

Well then we are (sadly) right on target. 

6AAFFE26-F1D3-4275-901A-B6402FEA4162.png

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m worried about the entire south. They’re not doing enough at the state level in most of those states.

Really makes all those COVID body shots during spring break worth it!!!   Wooooooo!!!!  Wet COVID t-shirt contests!!!  Belly flop biggest COVID splash competition!!!!

20 minutes ago, H2O said:

The grown ups are sometimes worse.  Had a video meeting for the pool board I'm on.  One member decided to go do a couple things while it was going on so we got a tour of the house.  Other stories of people taking a dump and more while on these video chats.  Thats why you never schedule early morning ones.  Too many have BMs to do.

Mine so far have been fine. Easy, quick. Mr Map hasn't had issues either, as far as I know. In all honesty, the working from home and managing a kid thing has been really smooth for us the last almost 3 weeks. 

13 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

That’s awesome.  My gf is convinced that our kids will be angels. I have my doubts lol.

we only have the one, so i will never know if any others would be bitches from the start lol 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mappy said:

Mine so far have been fine. Easy, quick. Mr Map hasn't had issues either, as far as I know. In all honesty, the working from home and managing a kid thing has been really smooth for us the last almost 3 weeks. 

we only have the one, so i will never know if any others would be bitches from the start lol 

Am I the only one that read this like you were talking about your BM’s, in referencing H2Os comment?  ..fine, easy and quick...

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

This was the most lol of the lol post that I have lol'd at!!! I havent even read the article.. but this MSM Alarmism at it best!

• mappy locked this topic
  • mappy unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic