Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2020

George BM

4 minutes ago, bluehens said:

Windiest day of the winter/spring here in northern DE.

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

I cant remember wind like this since the last legit tropical remnants came through. Irene maybe?

It's the wind that you were denied on April 13th.

60/57 at IAD with a SE wind of 5kts. Light Rain.

14 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I cant remember having wind like this since the last legit tropical remnants came through. Irene maybe?

Definitely impressive, peak gust at Easton Utilities of 50 and I had a gust of 30 at my station that is only 6ft off the ground and relatively sheltered.

1 minute ago, SnowtoRain said:

Definitely impressive, peak gust at Easton Utilities of 50 and I had a gust of 30 at my station that is only 6ft off the ground and relatively sheltered.

Its actually interesting here being in the woods. You can really get a sense of the strong winds aloft mixing down. Can literally hear the roar up at the the tops of the trees and see them moving violently. I am getting debris in my yard from types of trees I don't have anywhere near the house. My driveway is a mess of branches.

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its actually interesting here being in the woods. You can really get a sense of the strong winds aloft mixing down. Can literally hear the roar up at the the tops of the trees and see them moving violently. I am getting debris in my yard from types of trees I don't have anywhere near the house. My driveway is a mess of branches.

I'm probably over 200 miles due south of you and it is as nasty as you say it is here as well. However, not nearly as bad as April 13 when winds gusted over 70 in local areas here. Today it's definitely in the 50 to 55 range. And this is out of the South or Southeast. On the 13th they were roaring from the southwest.

• Like 1

Just now, Stormpc said:

I'm probably over 200 miles due south of you and it is as nasty as you say it is here as well. However, not nearly as bad as April 13 when winds gusted over 70 in local areas here. Today it's definitely in the 50 to 55 range. And this is out of the South or Southeast. On the 13th they were roaring from the southwest.

There were some 50 mph gusts here that day but not as persistent as today. It was worse up this way over in Delaware.  Probably is today too. Would not be surprised to see reports of over 60.

2 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

Is KGAI data not useable? 

It is, but the Gaithersburg to Derwood to Olney/Sandy Spring area is a bit of a data hole for us despite having a rather high flood risk.  Just was curious to know the ground truth vs. radar esimated rainfall.  The rain gauge we have as public safety training academy on Snouffer School Rd reported only 0.17" of rain since 8:00 am this morning but the crew that set up the tipping bucket put it in a pretty terrible area for accurate reporting.

3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Wow, radarscope's total accumulation is way off then. Has under an inch up there.

1.67 now. thankfully it started raining once my station came back online, so i trust the values its putting out. 

• H2O unpinned this topic