Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2020

George BM

16 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like this system is really not that moisture laden.  A lot of the guidance now seems struggle to get anyone over an inch of rain and it's out of here pretty quick.  

LWX didn't seem to agree with your take in their tweet half an hour ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/NWS_BaltWash/status/1255657936128315395

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Global cooling B)

Tom tasselmeyer, local Baltimore tv met, said this past week was the first time with 7 days below normal  in a row at BWI since March 2019. Any guesses on how many 7+ day streaks of above normal since then? :yikes:

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

3knam coming in much slower with the system progession through our region tomorrow.  If true I'd think some possible training along with local lollies verifying the FFW. 

Takes longer to get here but it’s still only about four hours of rain in any one location.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Tom tasselmeyer, local Baltimore tv met, said this past week was the first time with 7 days below normal  in a row at BWI since March 2019. Any guesses on how many 7+ day streaks of above normal since then? :yikes:

Seems like it happens all the time.

10 hours ago, yoda said:

LWX didn't seem to agree with your take in their tweet half an hour ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/NWS_BaltWash/status/1255657936128315395

I find we boom on rainfall if we start with the warm front overhead.  Right now it's up in PA so we're at the mercy of katafront precip with the cold front.  It's not the greatest recipe for a soaking rainfall and I'm really hoping for it to soften the soil up for my lawn work this weekend.

55 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I find we boom on rainfall if we start with the warm front overhead.  Right now it's up in PA so we're at the mercy of katafront precip with the cold front.  It's not the greatest recipe for a soaking rainfall and I'm really hoping for it to soften the soil up for my lawn work this weekend.

I mean, it might not be flooding rains, but I don't see how it isn't a soaking rainfall.

16 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I mean, it might not be flooding rains, but I don't see how it isn't a soaking rainfall.

I know I'm arguing semantics, but it's a weather board so bear with me.  To me, soaking rain is a farmer's rain that causes within banks rises on water bodies but not flooding.  

19 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I know I'm arguing semantics, but it's a weather board so bear with me.  To me, soaking rain is a farmer's rain that causes within banks rises on water bodies but not flooding.  

This is run of the mill rainfall. And it’s been relatively light with a few burst of moderate. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Just judging by radar, this looks like a 1-2 inch deal. Don't really see the flooding concerns unless the intensity increases with this line and there is some training.

The heavier stuff is developing down near Richmond. Looks like it could clip I-95 areas and enhance things a bit 

• H2O unpinned this topic