Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2020

George BM

Just now, Rtd208 said:

The funny thing is I don't remember the models showing that much for your area, they had the heaviest rains further north. I actually wound up with less then the models were showing in my area. 

Most of the CAMs did. Euro might have too, but I don't look at that on the free sites this time of year- lack of interest. Mt Holly nailed it in their forecast actually. Had 1-2 inches for Thurs night/Fri morning on my point/click, in addition to what fell earlier. Models had a strong LLJ over the coastal plain and a secondary wave also formed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Most of the CAMs did. Euro might have too, but I don't look at that on the free sites this time of year- lack of interest. Mt Holly nailed it in their forecast actually. Had 1-2 inches for Thurs night/Fri morning on my point/click, in addition to what fell earlier. Models had a strong LLJ over the coastal plain and a secondary wave also formed.

I can tell you it was a fail up in this area. The forecast was for 1.00-1.50"+, I had a storm total of 0.64". I also should have been more specific as I don't recall the NAM/GFS showing those amounts for your area. I guess we will see what tonight/tomorrow brings.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RDM said:

The solar unit on my Davis outdoor unit is probably approaching it's last leg too.  At the point I'm having to replace the backup battery with increasing frequency as it takes on more of the load.  Dunno why Davis doesn't put glass over the solar array.  Any plastic cover like they use will craze over with time as the plasticizers in the plastic cover outgas and becomes brittle.  A glass cover would last nearly indefinitely and would not add that much to the overall cost.  

I have been having to replace my back up battery more often as well. 

11 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I thought the heavy rain/flooding threat was for midweek and not this weekend?

There was always a chance for this weekend but it also depended on how the Thursday night/Friday system performed. The more rain you received then the better chances you may have at seeing some flood issues tomorrow. Right now it looks like a low end chance. 

As Mount Holly suggested, the good juice with the LLJ is mostly offshore.(per models a few days ago, this was the primary heavy rain threat for I/95 and the coastal plain). Not even a tenth of an inch here, and unless the area gets into the warm sector with some potential convection later, probably not much more than some general showers around for the day. Not that I am complaining. Been wet enough in my yard lately.

11 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

I have been having to replace my back up battery more often as well. 

Good morning, If you haven't done so already, try cleaning the solar array with a rag and water periodically (if you can easily access it).  Suggest not using windex or anything with a solvent in it.  The ammonia may do more harm than good on the plastic cover over the array.  I clean mine every couple months now.  It helps some, or so it seems.  But the cloudiness of the plastic cover is getting worse and at some point I'll need to have the array replaced (if that's an option) or just buy a new unit.  Davis is probably betting on the 2nd option on purpose.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

In addition to the Patriots, Red Sox, and Bruins, it's another good reason not to be in New England.

Ha, I just said the same thing to my partner who’s from NH. He was reading the forecast of snow for Manchester for tonight — and I told him we will never move further north. Late April snow? Pass. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

^U guys are cut from different cloth then me. I'll take any snow any time.  It's a precious commodity.  Partly Cloudy and 65 or  sunny and 85 are a dime a dozen :whistle:

I’d take a snow here, it just that in NE the trees aren’t even leafing out. Their mud season hasn’t even started yet. Give me spring, but you can toss in a good snow too.

• Like 1

• H2O unpinned this topic