Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2020

George BM

6 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Yea. Overnight Thursday into friday has the northern tier near freezing with a period of light snow. Actually this time period looks better than Wednesday morning along the md/pa border. Lol

Ugh, come on. I’m in full storm mode now. Snow was supposed to happen in January. 

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Guidance continues to look very dry in  N.Md for late tonight's possible snow . Looks like maybe seeing a few flakes is most likely the outcome unless things juice up last minute . But we still have the next mid April snow threat for Friday to track :lol:

It’ll fall apart just like tonight and the theme of the rest of the winter. Not like it’s anything to track for me anyway 

22 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Hrrr fwiw brings a decent slug of qpf up here late this evening ( around .50").  It might be enough to cool the column for wet snow all  the way to the  surface with those moderate rates verbatim . As is it's like 36-38  up near the M/D line during the heaviest qpf . It's close. 

Problem is that initial slug comes before the low level cold filters in. That was always rain on guidance. Our windows was late night early morning with the frontal wave. That now looks to stay southeast. That trend had been apparent for a while. We could mix with heavy enough rates this evening but the potential for accumulation is pretty low. 

12 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Nashville saw some flakes today in a rogue heavy band, so I’d like to think we could all record one more trace early tomorrow morning.

Nah we’ll find a way not to see flakes.  It’s what we do.  

2 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Man, this coulda been a good event. Pretty wet, quick storm.

HRRR has been getting snowier and snowier on the backend. I'd love an hour of flakes. I'm not picky.

I must be missing something because I'm not seeing any snow on HRRR.

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

When I made the comment (2 hours ago) the sim radar was showing up as this, showing that people under the heavier stuff seemed to have a chance at mixing. Admittedly, it's backed off on this!

1586933100-4ZncHMbbud4.png

1586935800-Dz7vDN7TUQQ.png

Ahh got you. Had hopes when I saw your comment then went to check the models and it was more of the same from this winter.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

53F. When does my snow start??:snowing:

When you get to the mountains outside Bosie.  53 was fine for snow when I was hiking there last May, and people were out in Tshirts.   

Not here though, we always have to deal with the laws of physics.

• H2O unpinned this topic