• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2020

George BM

Ended up with 1.60" for this round.  Not bad.  Will be interesting to see what comes through with the next round.  Some building in SW VA... and western NC. 

NWS just issued a FFW for our area of FFCO.  Lawyers road a couple hundred yards from our home is flooded - again.  Happens several times a year in the 10+ years we've lived here.  Had a white water rescue a few years ago that was nearly fatal.  Tributary of Difficult Run floods any time we get rates at more than 1"/hr.  

1 minute ago, jewell2188 said:

Breezy here in Gainesville if that. Wondering if wind threat ever materializes? 

It’s been pretty windy here in eastern Baltimore County by the bay. I’d say occasional gusts maybe close to the 45-50 range. I believe the wind will be strongest near the bays and water ways, and east of DC

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I think it's very possible that N. MD could see an inch or 2 in grass if we could get some qpf substantial enough to get decent rates but less then a tenth through 12 hours won't cut it lol. I think seeing flakes is still very likely up here though .

nam-nest-conus-dc-precip_12hr_inch-6948400.png

We will be cold enough but latest trends keep why heavy precip south of us. 

• Weenie 1

Larry Cosgrove is calling for a ridge to pop up over the next 4 weeks as the subtropical jet lifts north. He also cited a 1998 analog with record low GL ice and a super strong subtropical jet stream, although most of the convective threats will be in the Midwest and Lower Great Lakes.

Cosgrove also supports an active tropical season and a very hot summer in all areas besides the intermountain west.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Euro a bit better qpf for Wed am system.  We might have to watch Friday lol for more white stuff potential along northern areas.  

Euro verbatim is highs in the 30s here Friday afternoon :lol: and 60s in DC south burbs .heck of a boundary 

Yea. Overnight Thursday into friday has the northern tier near freezing with a period of light snow. Actually this time period looks better than Wednesday morning along the md/pa border. Lol

• Like 1

• H2O unpinned this topic