Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2020

George BM

16 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Such a dilemma!

Have you tried Side Dish before? I had never heard of it until I saw it today and picked it up. Like I said, its a perfect fall beer to me.

No what brewery is it? Probably right down my alley, I’m into the brown ales, pumpkin beers Octoberfest stuff 

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

No what brewery is it? Probably right down my alley, I’m into the brown ales, pumpkin beers Octoberfest stuff 

Ten Eyck Brewing Company in Queenstown, but it seems Black Flag Brewing in Columbia has brewed it for them? Kinda confusing.

It's damn good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Ten Eyck Brewing Company in Queenstown, but it seems Black Flag Brewing in Columbia has brewed it for them? Kinda confusing.

It's damn good.

Just went to their website. Looks like they’re a new brewery that hasn’t opened yet so I’m guessing black flag brewed it for them on their premises. I’ll have to keep an eye for it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

No healthy here today. Happy National Pretzel day! 

AF999CF7-252C-4297-B28B-9758EF3802CA.jpeg

Oh hell yeah! Now that looks tasty and sufficiently unhealthy! I myself am making a split pea soup today using leftover ham bone from Easter for the broth. (There's the old joke about what's the definition of eternity? Two people and a ham!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2O said:

I don’t care if it’s a shortened game 5 l. I’ll watch Eller score and Ovi lift the cup every single time it’s on TV. 

That’s how I get through all this. Watching the team that broke my heart so many times finally win it all. It was one of if not the best sports memory I’ll have. And Riggo’s run 

At least I get to watch Crosby lift the cup 3 times

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Lighthouse liquors is awesome.  Did you get that at Lighthouse?  I mean the beer, not the glass.  

No I got the beers I’m drinking today from a friend, we’re doing mailbox beer swaps during the epidemic lol. He gets some off the wall shit lol

Just now, Rvarookie said:

This sounds delicious but also worry may be too sweet for me. Does it get but much after few sips in?

It was pretty well balanced for me but I do like some of my beers a little sweet. The coffee is present but not overwhelming. The imperial stout flavors take over from there 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

It was pretty well balanced for me but I do like some of my beers a little sweet. The coffee is present but not overwhelming. The imperial stout flavors take over from there 

Just my opinion, but coffee flavor in beer should be subtle.  It's such a dominant flavor that a little goes a long way.

• Like 1

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Same with the vodka. Glacial water.

Is it hoppy?

A bit but it’s not overwhelming. I’m not an IPA fan so I was skeptical that I would like this. I don’t love it, because it’s not in my wheelhouse of beers, but I can drink it and it’s alright 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Just my opinion, but coffee flavor in beer should be subtle.  It's such a dominant flavor that a little goes a long way.

Yeah I agree. Key brewing made a beer recently with royal farms, cold rolled breakfasts stout. It’s just way too overpowering with the coffee, not sweet enough or other flavors, just a coffee bomb

• H2O unpinned this topic