Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2020

George BM

22 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Really?!?!? They have to finish up the regular season.  I wonder how many games they play.  I wonder what the playoffs would look like. 

Yeah something like they are picking an arena per division where games would be played this summer - not sure what that means for regular season vs playoffs. Lots of rumors floating around so who knows but I’d love hockey playoffs this summer!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wgrz.com/amp/article/sports/nhl/report-nhl-looks-to-reopen-season-at-regional-sites/71-f7a0f354-e83f-41a1-b090-2fe508fb6d03

9 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Yeah something like they are picking an arena per division where games would be played this summer - not sure what that means for regular season vs playoffs. Lots of rumors floating around so who knows but I’d love hockey playoffs this summer!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wgrz.com/amp/article/sports/nhl/report-nhl-looks-to-reopen-season-at-regional-sites/71-f7a0f354-e83f-41a1-b090-2fe508fb6d03

Go Caps!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Yeah... but we wait 2 months still for hockey per the article and quote below.  Plus if they do the regional arenas that they discuss, we (all of the Metro division) would likely be playing the rest of the regular season games on the Hurricanes home ice... and I would guess that we would stay there for playoff hockey as well

Of course nothing can happen until health officials give the go ahead. If the season is resumed its unlikely to happen in June, it maybe July at the earliest. And if it does happen it would likely be done in empty arenas or with limited fans in the stands, according to the report.

The famous Andino walkoff to end the redsox season in 2011. Also this game was the start of the orioles relevance. They had a five year stretch from 2012 - 2016 with the best record in the AL.

This pic puts a smile on my face but also makes me sad that Hardy,Jones,weiters are all gone. 

127537604.jpg.0.jpg

• Like 5

Totally unrelated to anything, but if anyone likes crispy beef and is ever in the Pikesville area, Jumbo Seafood on Sudbrook Rd has the best crispy beef and string beans ever. It’s like vegetables and candy. So darn good!

eta: I also got a real fortune last night and not some dumb proverb, but I don’t know if it’s good or bad.

7C9308D9-301C-4407-B15E-5AFED75B4AA6.jpeg.8de3e8b55106bbc66e6201dbf7e08719.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I've seen a few times that if not all the water is discharged before winter storage on a std gas powered pw( kept outside in a shed for ex) the water can freeze and expand and crack the block :yikes:. Ofcouse this past non winter this wouldn't be as common around here lol.

We keep ours in the garage.  I took the spark plug out and now the pull cord can turn the engine a bit.  I'll swap out the spark plug, spray in some PB blaster, and change the oil and that should make it good as new per YouTube.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Took the power washer out since this seems like a good weather day to do that and the engine seized up:wacko:

So, a few youtube videos and a Walmart online order and I'll be in business again in another 10 days.  

I’ve been waiting for a two day stretch of sunny warmish weather to power wash the deck. Hubby hates doing it, but I love it. 

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Every spring I get a couple service calls from power washing amateurs :whistle:that power spray outdoor receptacles...filling the entire box up with water lol and shortout the gfi outlet . To achieve this one would have to aim the power washer wand right at the outlet for like 30 seconds lol. Its dumb but like I said ...its every spring I get these calls . 

Not that anyone here would do such a thing :)

Weatherproof outlet boxes with a hood, are good!

Wasps like em too lol. Found that out a few years back.:yikes:

39 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Lunch.

I am no gourmet chef, but I can hard boil an egg to perfection, and season up some avocado. Best damn avocado I have had in a while- super creamy and flavorful. This was simple, and freaking good.

avo.thumb.jpg.cd65046a1338ea9e21bd026c1c63be50.jpg

Girlfriend made me an egg white pizza infused with spinach and a sriracha drizzle (I name her food for her to make it sound more gourmet:lol:

E3B15E83-6D2B-4AF9-8672-81EF748C4053.jpeg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Every spring I get a couple service calls from power washing amateurs :whistle:that power spray outdoor receptacles...filling the entire box up with water lol and shortout the gfi outlet . To achieve this one would have to aim the power washer wand right at the outlet for like 30 seconds lol. Its dumb but like I said ...its every spring I get these calls . 

Not that anyone here would do such a thing :)

That is the dumbest thing ever to do. First off like oil and water, water and 15amps don’t mix. 

secondly, why does anyone need to make a receptacle shiny?  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Girlfriend made me an egg white pizza infused with spinach and a sriracha drizzle (I name her food for her to make it sound more gourmet:lol:

E3B15E83-6D2B-4AF9-8672-81EF748C4053.jpeg

Now that looks gourmet. High marks on presentation.

Mine might not look pretty, but it was tasty!

Picked up a local beer I've never seen before. I think it's new. Gonna give it a go today for "happy hour".

• Like 1

I don’t care if it’s a shortened game 5 l. I’ll watch Eller score and Ovi lift the cup every single time it’s on TV. 

That’s how I get through all this. Watching the team that broke my heart so many times finally win it all. It was one of if not the best sports memory I’ll have. And Riggo’s run 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Now that looks gourmet. High marks on presentation.

Mine might not look pretty, but it was tasty!

Picked up a local beer I've never seen before. I think it's new. Gonna give it a go today for "happy hour".

I did a neighborhood beer swap today. I didn’t have a lot to offer but my friend is very kind lol. He gave me a RAR first meal (imperial stout with coffee, bacon, maple and vanilla) and 2 out of orders (peach cheesecake and strawberry peeps) and then threw in an Einstok Icelandic Pale Ale that he said tastes like a pale ale he never had before. I’m excited to drink them but debating whether or not I should drink today or save for later in week lol 

3 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I did a neighborhood beer swap today. I didn’t have a lot to offer but my friend is very kind lol. He gave me a RAR first meal (imperial stout with coffee, bacon, maple and vanilla) and 2 out of orders (peach cheesecake and strawberry peeps) and then threw in an Einstok Icelandic Pale Ale that he said tastes like a pale ale he never had before. I’m excited to drink them but debating whether or not I should drink today or save for later in week lol 

Such a dilemma!

Have you tried Side Dish before? I had never heard of it until I saw it today and picked it up. Like I said, its a perfect fall beer to me.

• Like 1

• H2O unpinned this topic