Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2020

George BM

4 hours ago, ravensrule said:

I still remember that game like it was yesterday. It was the Saturday night prime time game and it was snowing to beat the band. It even further cemented my hate for the Pats. 

That call and the Jeffrey Maier incident changed the course of history. 2 separate dynasties was the result. We'll never know what could've been if either of those plays were reversed.

5 hours ago, yoda said:

Woah woah there... where else would you get your warnings from the second they are issued from LWX without me?  I c&p them in here within the minute they are issued so you don't have to go looking yourself.  Plus my model discussion and play by play... definitely would be missed.  I'm not accepting any trade from you the GM unless it's for a better severe weather round pick, and even then I might decline to take your call.

Phin gave himself up to NE for free.  After losing Gronk and Brady, they're just desparate for a body.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, wxtrix said:

politics aren’t allowed in the covid thread. no one was disrespected by being asked not to discuss politics there.

also no one has to respect opinions that are not based on fact. those opinions don’t deserve serious consideration or equal time. they need to be debunked and tossed aside. there is no value in disinformation.

this is supposed to be a community that values science and fact.

Agree - fact is fact.  No doubt there.  Likewise, opinions are opinions, with some more objectively supported by facts than others.  It's all relative and at times we must feel free to respectfully challenge what is presented as fact, which may not be.  Otherwise, we'd all still believe the earth is flat; as it was once a capital offense to challenge the mere concept.  

The variables in the science of weather is one of the reasons why I've had a lifelong fascination for this obsession we all love.  One of my first memories is of my first snowfall in Ohio when I was just past my first birthday.  All I knew at the time was I wanted more of it, and nearly 60 years later still do.  The same appeal for this science applied when my father taught me to solder so I could assemble my first Heath-kit weather station while still in elementary school.  And it worked!  I was so proud when it measured 70+ mph wind gusts during the great blizzard of 78, and kept on operating for years thereafter.  

I'm a systems engineer by education (or curse) so the basis of fact and science is ever presence in the daily grind.  With a career where facts stand on their own merit and are accepted, but validated, supporting objective opinions still apply as a matter of necessity.  Combining the two can be a delicate balance of content, context and objectivity.  In my world, when the balance is off, the risk calculus quickly becomes untenable with the potential for disastrous consequences difficult to contemplate.  None the less, when debate over opinion arises; which is often, even passionate exchanges must remain respectful and civil, regardless of the topic, and whether it is fact or not.  In time, the fact could be proven to be just a belief, based on other facts to the contrary.  

• Thanks 1

Worked out perfectly for the Ravens, with the early run on corners and wide receivers. Queen fell right into their lap. Perfect fit for the Ravens- sideline to sideline, high motor, tackling machine, and he will be doing it behind a potentially dominant DL. Dare I say- it could be reminiscent of the early 2000s. when Ray Lewis wreaked havoc with Sam Adams and the Goose up front.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

And yet, still under contract with huge cap penalties until after the 2022 season.  To be a fly in the wall at Rodgers' house last night.  As a Vikings fan, I am smiling (plus, I didn't like Love as a prospect anyway).

Yeah he looks raw. Definite project. Could have gotten him, or another QB in round 2 or 3, to develop for the future. Really dumb move by the Packers, and AR is going to be more grumpy than usual now.

• H2O unpinned this topic