Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2020

George BM

2 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Gotta love that name!  Makes one wonder...what would be in a box from some place called "Who Gives A F**K"?? :lol:

There a few companies out there that deliver TP. I did want to go with this one just for the name because well I am on the inside of my brain a teenage boy who loves fart and poop jokes. But also went with them as the donate 50% of their profits to building toilets around the world.  And the recycled paper and wrapped in paper was high on my list too. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

Except for the fact that everyone in here gets 33 and rain. We don't want that garbage.

lol

45-50 and rain more like it. This wont even be close. Congrats Altoona(on your inch of slop).

eta- as currently modeled on the Euro. They might see a few splatty flakes.

• Like 1

To each their own ofc, but DFH 120 min IPA has to be one of the best beers ever brewed. Top 5 for me, and well worth 9 bucks a bottle.

I only wish I could take their advice, and let one age a year or 2. So far that endeavor has been a complete fail. Several times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

There a few companies out there that deliver TP. I did want to go with this one just for the name because well I am on the inside of my brain a teenage boy who loves fart and poop jokes. But also went with them as the donate 50% of their profits to building toilets around the world.  And the recycled paper and wrapped in paper was high on my list too. 

Just being technical, but it says 100% recycled toilet paper? Now that's some recycling.

59 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I felt a little bad when he said in the full video that he grew up on this, but then I was like dude, you’ve had enough time and made enough money to correct this mess.

Sometimes I feel like my gf sends me these things to serve as a warning about the consequences of sliding back to my days as a college kid. :lol: 

I was never THAT bad though. 

OK, true story from grad school.  I actually witness someone mess up boiling water...twice!  Had a roommate who was going to prepare pasta or something, put the pot with water on the burner, and went back to his room.  Something like 20 minutes later he runs out, the pot is dry as a bone with no water left, and hot as hell.  So he curses, puts more water in and...you guessed it, went back to his room again and the same thing happened!  Now...in his defense (somewhat), he had some exams coming up and was highly distracted and busy.  But it was still damned funny, he never really lived it down (and it was *my* damn pot he nearly ruined, too!).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

To each their own ofc, but DFH 120 min IPA has to be one of the best beers ever brewed. Top 5 for me, and well worth 9 bucks a bottle.

I only wish I could take their advice, and let one age a year or 2. So far that endeavor has been a complete fail. Several times.

I’ve yet to try it. Have had the 90 minute and like it. I’m not an IPA fan, don’t like 60 minute but the 90 is malty and smooth enough that I do like it. Need to try the 120

48 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

OK, true story from grad school.  I actually witness someone mess up boiling water...twice!  Had a roommate who was going to prepare pasta or something, put the pot with water on the burner, and went back to his room.  Something like 20 minutes later he runs out, the pot is dry as a bone with no water left, and hot as hell.  So he curses, puts more water in and...you guessed it, went back to his room again and the same thing happened!  Now...in his defense (somewhat), he had some exams coming up and was highly distracted and busy.  But it was still damned funny, he never really lived it down (and it was *my* damn pot he nearly ruined, too!).

BAH!!!! That's nothing. I blew up a whole chicken in the microwave at college. Chicken was everywhere in the microwave. Even had a wing hanging down from the top of the microwave.

But it being college and lack of funds I still ate it. Was still pretty good. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I’ve yet to try it. Have had the 90 minute and like it. I’m not an IPA fan, don’t like 60 minute but the 90 is malty and smooth enough that I do like it. Need to try the 120

60 and 90 are pretty similar. 90 is better imo. 120 is a different beast altogether. Be prepared for a totally different experience- a very good one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

60 and 90 are pretty similar. 90 is better imo. 120 is a different beast altogether. Be prepared for a totally different experience- a very good one.

Maybe I’ll try to pick one up for the weekend. Been a little while since I’ve been to a liquor store anyway. Been getting my alcohol from takeout restaurants of late 

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

Maybe I’ll try to pick one up for the weekend. Been a little while since I’ve been to a liquor store anyway. Been getting my alcohol from takeout restaurants of late 

Its going to be hard to find so look for it asap. They only brew it a couple times a year.

It is insanely hoppy but you don't notice it because it has a shit ton of malt(thus the very high abv) to balance it. So you will like that. It is a sipper for sure.

57 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

BAH!!!! That's nothing. I blew up a whole chicken in the microwave at college. Chicken was everywhere in the microwave. Even had a wing hanging down from the top of the microwave.

But it being college and lack of funds I still ate it. Was still pretty good. :)

Ha! OK now that one wins for college cooking disasters! And being a student you ate it all the same, of course! Whether it was still good, I'll trust your judgment... But apparently you survived! Now I will say, you should have poked it a few times with a fork before putting it in the microwave to avoid unnecessary explosions and pieces parts all over the place! 

I guess this would literally be "winner, winner, chicken dinner!" :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I get that all the time into my big right triangle windows. Killed plenty of birds over the years. Stunned quite a few others.

Had cardinals and blue jays do this. Never a hawk!

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m a little surprised the window didn’t break.

It shook the house.

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Had cardinals and blue jays do this. Never a hawk!

It shook the house.

Yeah cardinals and blue jays have been a pain in the ass here. They become obsessed with their reflection. Had a male cardinal here all last summer. They shit everywhere if you cant scare them off.

I get those big woodpeckers flying full force into the windows sometimes. Talk about a loud bang. Always amazes me the windows dont break.

16 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its going to be hard to find so look for it asap. They only brew it a couple times a year.

It is insanely hoppy but you don't notice it because it has a shit ton of malt(thus the very high abv) to balance it. So you will like that. It is a sipper for sure.

I usually always see it at a liquor store locally. I just never have bought it partly because of the price point and partly because I wasn’t sure I’d like it lol

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

I usually always see it at a liquor store locally. I just never have bought it partly because of the price point and partly because I wasn’t sure I’d like it lol

Give it a shot. It is totally unique. And boozy ofc. Gives you one hell of a nice buzz. Only takes one. Drink 2 and you will probably be in bed lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Give it a shot. It is totally unique. And boozy ofc. Gives you one hell of a nice buzz. Only takes one. Drink 2 and you will probably be in bed lol.

Lol yeah I’ve had some high gravity stuff before lol I think DFH higher math was 18%. I’ll give it a try next time I see it. Thanks 

• H2O unpinned this topic