• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2020 Banter/Complaint Thread

IWXwx

I know that the Covid thread may just seem like a bunch of childish bickering to those not directly involved in it, but for almost its entire existence, it has been a great and reliable source of information for me. Posters like Hoosier have done a fantastic job of continuously bringing up new Covid-related content day after day. I'm aware that this is American WEATHER forums, and I'm very thankful that space has been made for us here to discussing the Rona, but at the same time, I find it childish that people are actually disheartened by the fact that the Covid thread is always the hot news. Like Chicago Storm said, nobody's forcing anyone to go in there and read it. Also, it's not like we'd be talking about weather were it not for that thread; AFAIK, very little in the way of discussion-worthy weather has occurred recently. 

Edit: Let me also say this: I believe myself to be on the younger and more hot-headed end of the age/maturity spectrum in this forum. That said, I have never had a political discussion with someone that was so heated that I couldn't value their input on other subjects. If you go into the Covid thread on one of its off days, see someone post something political, and are unable to look beyond whatever differences you and them may have, then chances are, you're the problem. Being able to rationalize the fact that everyone has different social and political beliefs (to an extent) is a life skill, not something to shy away from. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

I know that the Covid thread may just seem like a bunch of childish bickering to those not directly involved in it, but for almost its entire existence, it has been a great and reliable source of information for me. Posters like Hoosier have done a great job of continuously bringing up new Covid-related content day after day. I'm aware that this is American WEATHER forums, and I'm very thankful that space has been made for us here to discussing the Rona, but at the same time, I find it childish that people are actually disheartened by the fact that the Covid thread is always the hot news. Like Chicago Storm said, nobody's forcing anyone to go in there and read it. Also, it's not like we'd be talking about weather were it not for that thread; AFAIK, very little in the way of discussion-worthy weather has occurred recently. 

i stay out of it but ill say this. I tested positive Friday. I mask up everywhere in public, so I must've caught from a family member or friend (a friend did test positive, so thinking it's him but we definitely didn't have symptoms when we hung out). Fortunately I'm doing ok and my main symptoms are extreme fatigue, mild fever, and headache.  Like many say it feels like having the flu, and actually I had the flu once as an adult and that was worse for me.  I am already feeling a bit better today, still run down but I feel fortunate and confident that I will continue to improve. I certainly have to stay quarantined because if I gave it to someone else who's immunocompromised the result could be terrible for them. It's full of unknowns and yes most people like me will be fine but it's still not worth taking unnecessary risks in my opinion.

• Like 5

On 10/5/2020 at 1:53 AM, cyclone77 said:

Can't wait to check back in on this site someday and see something other than the covid thread be the hottest topic.  Combination of boring weather and that being the popular thing to talk about on what's supposed to be a weather enthusiast discussion site is very f'g depressing to say the least.  Seeing that topic at the top of the list every time I check in is getting old, and kind of makes me not want to check in much anymore...

I was one step ahead, I stopped checking a month ago. I was tired of 'rona in early April and stopped watching/following the news and everything became better instantly. I quickly read a few headlines and sometimes read an article every 3 days but that's the extent of it. As for weather, it hasn't been interesting since early Sept when I got my 3 thunderstorms and then it was over for the year (insanity) plus the 2nd half of Sept was putrid. I'm in Canada in the snowbelt, I don't even get interesting winter weather anymore (going on 4 years) so I think I'm outta here again.

• Like 1