Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2020 Banter/Complaint Thread

IWXwx

28 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Tomorrow is 2 months since the last 1" calendar day rainfall at ORD.  The last time there was such a streak during meteorological summer was in 2013.  Clearly this means historic type winter coming.  :weenie:

If this is a 2012 type summer, a 2012-2013 winter wouldn't be bad at all.

12 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

963 mb by 5 am EDT.

SUMMARY OF 700 AM CDT...1200 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...26.4N 91.4W
ABOUT 280 MI...450 KM SSE OF LAKE CHARLES LOUISIANA
ABOUT 290 MI...465 KM SE OF GALVESTON TEXAS
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...115 MPH...185 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 310 DEGREES AT 15 MPH...24 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...963 MB...28.44 INCHES

3 hours off.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Latest NHC forecast has the storm surge reaching 40 miles inland in some areas.  I can't even imagine that.  It would be like Lake Michigan spilling out to Kankakee.

This is the most insane stat of Laura potentially, I can't make sense of it. If Laura was heading for Kincardine and Grey-Bruce county was as flat as the Gulf coast then I'd have a living room full of Lake Huron water.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kitchener poster said:

Throwing in the white towel. This incredible line missed me by just mere miles. It’s diving SE

It was modeled to miss you. 

For us here in the city, the Niagara Escarpment can tear apart storms before they reach us but you're far away from it. Can't even use that excuse :lmao:

3 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

It was modeled to miss you. 

For us here in the city, the Niagara Escarpment can tear apart storms before they reach us but you're far away from it. Can't even use that excuse :lmao:

I don’t know enough to explain anything. 

But tornado warnings are now up in areas south of London. It looked very ominous watching it from my porch. 

17 minutes ago, Kitchener poster said:

I don’t know enough to explain anything. 

But tornado warnings are now up in areas south of London. It looked very ominous watching it from my porch. 

Yeah, I just saw the radar. About to cross over to Lake Erie. Impressive line of severe thunderstorms, hearing reports of near hurricane force winds.

Hopefully the storms tomorrow night and Saturday pan out. Dynamics look good for widespread t-storm development including Kitchener. 

On 8/17/2020 at 2:39 PM, Chicago Storm said:

Lies.

200407_rpts Reports Graphic200711_rpts Reports Graphic

On 8/17/2020 at 2:53 PM, A-L-E-K said:

i'm sure both those events were whiffs in his backyard

I actually did not get a lot from these two events.  The April event dropped some decent pea to nickel hail, which was cool to see, but only 0.09" of rain.  The July event was a solid storm, but it only dropped 0.42" of rain, and the damaging wind was on the north and east sides of CR and I'm on the west side.

1 hour ago, RogueWaves said:

Another heavy rain miss. This time by just 5 miles north! Rain risk lowered in grid. Gonna blow a gasket if I'm whiffed by this event too

I am right there with you.  A rogue shower gave me 0.18" this morning but nothing else.  Look at GRR accumulated precip on their radar page and you will see the SE part of Ottawa county was pretty much whiffed liked you.

• Like 1

OT but starting to see that 540-line popping up especially across the northern parts of the sub forum on the LR GFS. Even starting to see some blue hues popping up in the Canadian Prairies. Real good chance we see our first real taste of Fall near Labor Day given current teleconnection forecast (+PNA/-EPO). 

Fall is coming. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

OT but starting to see that 540-line popping up especially across the northern parts of the sub forum on the LR GFS. Even starting to see some blue hues popping up in the Canadian Prairies. Real good chance we see our first real taste of Fall near Labor Day given current teleconnection forecast (+PNA/-EPO). 

Fall is coming. 

It ALL begins when Kitchener gets a good drenching. Got a good vibe..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

Finally! Its pound-time here. There's hope yet for the Kitchener Crew

I hope so. Big slug pounded far SW ON earlier today. I have my doubts for here but I’m hoping to get hit. 

Environment Canada has maintained the 30-60mm advisory since yesterday and they haven’t budged away from that number as of yet. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

It ALL begins when Kitchener gets a good drenching. Got a good vibe..

:lol:

Hey we in Toronto are in the same boat too. 

Fall usually signals the end of thunderstorm season and the start of more typical Fall storms. Better chances of rain with them as thunderstorms are more localized. He'll catch a good vibe then. 

• Like 1

So far we haven’t had one drop of rain. We’ve been under a special weather advisory all day for heavy rainfall. 

Speaking with locals in my immediate community- this isn’t good. Confidence in forecasts is at an all time low. At this point I do think it’s in our best interest to get hammered by a severe (but not life threatening) storm. There is a serious “I’ll now believe when I see it” mentality.

There could be an EF 5 tornado barrelling down on us and our population of 500K wouldn’t believe it. We’ve had tornado warnings, severe storm warnings, high rainfall advisories....but all the common folk see is....clear skies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1