• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring/Summer 2020 Banter/Complaint Thread

IWXwx

Will southeast Louisiana have 2 landfalling hurricanes 2 days apart? 

This is going to be fascinating to watch.  I'm not sure we've ever seen anything like this in the same area of the US, at least in modern times.  Could eventually have watches/warnings in effect for both systems at the same time in Louisiana.

205851_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png.219ed86f679485c82590fecb5120f728.png

205347_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png.df934c3180a549331ba5a0486850a34a.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

remnants thread?

Looks like it could be decent, especially south of us in the Ohio Valley.  I am not a big fan of the progged upper air pattern for getting meaningful remnants up our way.  Would like to see some changes with that incoming northern stream trough, otherwise it will be too quick/sharp of a recurve to do us much good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Looks like it could be decent, especially south of us in the Ohio Valley.  I am not a big fan of the progged upper air pattern for getting meaningful remnants up our way.  Would like to see some changes with that incoming northern stream trough, otherwise it will be too quick/sharp of a recurve to do us much good.

IND has the same concerns in their afternoon discussion. There's still time though.

1 hour ago, IWXwx said:

IND has the same concerns in their afternoon discussion. There's still time though.

Would rather be in Indy than Chicago.  Even if the center passes south of there, I think it is likely to be close enough to give Indy some impacts.  It is a trickier proposition farther north, though not writing it off entirely.

It sucks to live downwind of the lakes especially when you've got Georgian Bay, Lake Simcoe and Lake Huron to your north and Lake Ontario to your south. In the summer, you can never get a full on sunny day because by the late morning, the clouds start rolling in and it becomes partly cloudy until sunset. On the other hand, in the winter, the Sun hardly comes out lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

19 hours ago, Kitchener poster said:

Few storm clouds in the distance as usual. 

Another full week without a drop of rain. 0.2” in last 20 days. 

Crop losses are pretty immense in a very very localized area. 

Yep. Even here it's starting to get "crunchy" and feeling like the distant step-cousin of 2012

Strong storms were forecast for yesterday evening here, then changed to partly cloudy. Then the two rounds of strong storms both at noon and from 5-11 pm tonight were also removed. Overnight I may have a chance, but I guess the chance is 1%. Its been a very boring summer but a great one. I hope Friday's rain showers are removed.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

Strong storms were forecast for yesterday evening here, then changed to partly cloudy. Then the two rounds of strong storms both at noon and from 5-11 pm tonight were also removed. Overnight I may have a chance, but I guess the chance is 1%. Its been a very boring summer but a great one. I hope Friday's rain showers are removed.

Been a boring ass summer. Barely any severe thunderstorms and the thunderstorms we did get were either late in the evening or at night lol. Even with all the extended periods of dry weather we got this summer, not one day was cloud free. Aside from the extreme heatwave we had in early July, we haven't had anything remotely close to that all summer. The heatwave going on right now isn't anywhere as extreme as that was. Today was the first day all month that Toronto hit 90F lol.