Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring/Summer 2020 Banter/Complaint Thread

IWXwx

10 hours ago, Hoosier said:

The southeast MI one is unbelievable when you consider climo for that area.

I can remember several years with multiple tornado watches, hell there have been some months in my life with multiple tornado watches.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kitchener poster said:

I’m going to switch my vacation days. Tuesday was supposed to be great. No way in heck I’m going to take Tuesday off from work now. Went from 71 degrees to 51 degrees. I’ll take off that following Monday instead. 

1BCE84C7-27F2-448A-AB29-12C30BC0933E.jpeg

CA0A0ED6-A1CC-4F34-B085-2244064072AF.jpeg

The plus side is that the averages are sky rocketing right now so even below normal is now 50s/60s. In a few weeks a cold day will be upper 60s/lower 70s. 

I keep seeing hints that the summer is going to be above normal but every time a warm up comes close it falls apart. 

9 hours ago, Kitchener poster said:

I’m going to switch my vacation days. Tuesday was supposed to be great. No way in heck I’m going to take Tuesday off from work now. Went from 71 degrees to 51 degrees. I’ll take off that following Monday instead. 

1BCE84C7-27F2-448A-AB29-12C30BC0933E.jpeg

CA0A0ED6-A1CC-4F34-B085-2244064072AF.jpeg

You and @mississaugasnow both live in the wrong country if you expect constant blowtorches and heatwaves. :lol:

We got spoiled with above average May's from 2010-2016 raising our expectations for May temperatures. But to be fair, what we're seeing this weekend and into next week is typical weather for May. I think it's time you take a trip down memory lane and look at other May's like 2008, 2005 and 2002 just to name a few. All of them expect 2008 transitioned into a hot summer despite being well below normal in May. We only average 12 days above 20C in May. There's still 15 days left and we've had one officially at YYZ so far. May is NOT a summer month for us.

• Like 2

No mention that this was the 3rd year in a row to first reach 20C in May:

http://www.civil.uwaterloo.ca/weather/2020contest/contest.html

"And a question, should we allow people to choose dates in June next year?" :lol:

I forgot it was May 13 not 14 for the previous record longest. I do remember it being 1919 however. Interesting that it was right in the middle of the afternoon as May years tend to be very early in the day like 10 am.

• Thanks 1

It's crazy how much wetter the 30 year climate means will be when the data set changes from 1981-2010 to 1991-2020

For MSN

Jan 1.23" -> 1.46"

Feb 1.45" -> 1.52"

Mar 2.19" -> 2.26"

Apr 3.40" -> 3.78"

May 3.55" -> 4.02" (at least)

Jun 4.54" -> 5.27" (estimated)

Jul 4.18" -> 4.34" (estimated)

Aug 4.26" -> 4.27" (estimated)

Sep 3.13" -> 3.37" (estimated)

Oct 2.40" -> 2.73" (estimated)

Nov 2.39" -> 2.21" (estimated)

Dec 1.75" -> 1.71" (estimated)

Only December and November have seen slight decreases in precip and some months (Apr - Jun, Sep - Oct) have seen significant increases in precip.

• Thanks 2

On 5/15/2020 at 3:44 PM, madwx said:

image.thumb.png.5888fad47d886747689b7657d33cf58c.png

Look at how paltry tornado watches have been across the northern half of the area the past year (or couple years)

Down to less than 24 hours for Central Ohio now. Tornado touchdown about 4 miles south of me. Saw the broad rotation move just southeast of me but view was blocked by houses. Some damage done too. Caught on video and numerous photos. Also about 4 inches of rain in the last 24 hours.

*What is up with all the rain this year and last? I have had some shrubs die from too much dang water. Plus a small lake in my yard, the street, the neighbors yard, etc.

hundreds of millions of years ago, the midwest was under a shallow sea.  I always thought it would be cool to see what that would be like, what I didn't know is that I'd get to see it in my lifetime.

The Navy flood map that has made the rounds over the internet the last decade doesn’t seem so wild

This weather pattern SUCKS!!!  I've had enough of this cold crap.  I should not have to be wearing my winter coat within two weeks of June.  Models badly underforecasted this big cutoff low.  The NWS is talking about the cloud shield holding over the region through at least Thursday, if not Friday.  Ugh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hawkeye_wx said:

This weather pattern SUCKS!!!  I've had enough of this cold crap.  I should not have to be wearing my winter coat within two weeks of June.  Models badly underforecasted this big cutoff low.  The NWS is talking about the cloud shield holding over the region through at least Thursday, if not Friday.  Ugh.

I refuse to wear a winter coat at this time of year.  I don't care if it's 30 degrees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hawkeye_wx said:

It's May 19 and we have yet to crack 70F here. The last time it was 70F was back in early October. I feel you. :(. Just a few more days of this crap. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

It's May 19 and we have yet to crack 70F here. The last time it was 70F was back in early October. I feel you. :(. Just a few more days of this crap. 

Today briefly hit 63-64. Nice pleasant surprise. Looks like 72 hours of mostly clear skies. 

Im calling Thursday as our first 70 degree day. Going to get the fireball on ice.