• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2020 Banter/Complaint Thread

IWXwx

I checked the temp anomalies on the GFS for the May 14-15 time period. My heart sank. 

This relative cold air beginning tomorrow is expected to linger until its finally pushed out by (you guessed it) another North Pole shot. 

I used to live in Tennessee where March was a genuine Spring month. Now I have to wait until Memorial Day. 

• Sad 2

Part of IND's discussion. Appropriate for today.

THESE ARE NOT THE TEMPERATURES WE ARE LOOKING FOR... MODELS SHOW 
THAT THERE WILL BE PREDOMINATELY BE A NW FLOW ALOFT WHICH WILL 
LEAD TO TEMPS WELL BELOW NORMAL FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR. LOW TEMPS 
LOOK TO GET DOWN INTO THE 30S THIS WEEKEND, WITH FRIDAY LIKELY THE
COLDEST WITHIN THE FORECAST PERIOD. 
MAY THE WARMTH BE WITH YOU.
  • Haha 3

Seems the preponderance of early Mays of late have been below average...

About the only one I can recall that wasn't is 2018, which coming on the heels of that abominable April flipped right to summer.

I had higher hopes for a warmer/stormier spring in this neck of the woods with all the talk of a coming La Nina and warmer than average Gulf.

Now we get the spring eastern trough locked in on top of a pandemic and, apparently, "murder hornets." I'm afraid to ask, "what else ya got, 2020?"

That said, the 50s/30s forecast for this coming week aren't really that different from what we've been experiencing. Thursday (my Friday with my Sunday-Thursday schedule) should be OK with sun and near 60. I do want to hear thunder, though. :mellow:

2 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

About the only one I can recall that wasn't is 2018, which coming on the heels of that abominable April flipped right to summer.

I had higher hopes for a warmer/stormier spring in this neck of the woods with all the talk of a coming La Nina and warmer than average Gulf.

Now we get the spring eastern trough locked in on top of a pandemic and, apparently, "murder hornets." I'm afraid to ask, "what else ya got, 2020?"

That said, the 50s/30s forecast for this coming week aren't really that different from what we've been experiencing. Thursday (my Friday with my Sunday-Thursday schedule) should be OK with sun and near 60. I do want to hear thunder, though. :mellow:

That is one nice thing about being farther west. When there are troughs like this that are aimed to the east, we can escape the cold a little bit more than say Michigan or Ohio. Those sentences sound like straight out of January.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Yellowstone?

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Volcanic ash laden murder hornets carrying coronavirus?

I have often said if you see me running and nothing is chasing me, it is due to an aggressive hornet/wasp. Not allergic just not a fan at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stebo said:

I have often said if you see me running and nothing is chasing me, it is due to an aggressive hornet/wasp. Not allergic just not a fan at all.

How do you tell the difference between and aggressive and a timid hornet?

6 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Yellow Jackets and Labor Day weekend, name a more miserable combo :lmao:

:lmao:

Now that you mention it, a friend of mine got stung by a yellow jacket on his head on that exact weekend last year near his cottage. Was not a pretty sight. 

• Sad 1

Piss poor winter. Heaviest single snow storm total was 15cm. So about 6 inches. 

Have not hit 70F since Oct 7. I see areas with higher latitudes in the NE get 70s. I see Calgary get their damn chinook 70s. 

Nothing. Now I see another couple of snow systems pass me well to the south. Leaving me with cold windy air with near record wind chills. 

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Kitchener poster said:

Have not hit 70F since Oct 7. I see areas with higher latitudes in the NE get 70s. I see Calgary get their damn chinook 70s. 

Nothing. Now I see another couple of snow systems pass me well to the south. Leaving me with cold windy air with near record wind chills. 

Ouch. I guess I haven't had it quite that bad, then.

12 hours ago, Kitchener poster said:

100 years Rick and Morty. Rick and Morty running around doing ...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kitchener poster said:

Monday and Tuesday next week were supposed to be 71 degrees. Now it’s dropped to highs of 59 and 60. WTF. 

Weather models never waiver when it sees record cold a month from now. But an actual above average day a week in advance.......nope. 

Yeah we dropped in Ohio too of course.

On 5/13/2020 at 6:41 PM, Kitchener poster said:

I’ll take it another step. This is complete BS how long I’ve waited for a 70 degree day. I think it will end up being around 220 straight days below 70. 

Haha at this point its pretty laughable. I also see a lot on wx twitter trying to stay the course with a very hot summer. Not saying it wont happen but its kind of funny when the hype train was forecasting mid-upper 20s next week and heat indexs into the 30s. Now its average with rain. 

At this point I wont even say were out of the woods for a rare late May/June frost. 

• Sad 1