• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2020 Discussion

madwx

3km NAM and HRRR are worlds apart with how tomorrow will be in the warm sector.  The 3km NAM has us at 68 at 21z tomorrow, while the HRRR has us at 83.  HRRR also mixes so deep that it lowers surface dews down below 60.  

Sounds like a win either way :)

6 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

3km NAM and HRRR are worlds apart with how tomorrow will be in the warm sector.  The 3km NAM has us at 68 at 21z tomorrow, while the HRRR has us at 83.  HRRR also mixes so deep that it lowers surface dews down below 60.  

at least the models are staying true to their form in this crazy work.  usually a middle ground between the two is the way to go, maybe a slight lean toward the HRRR

That Euro map is hilarious.  I thought it was in cm at first.  It's inches!  WTF!!!  Funny how that storm keeps disappearing from one model only to show up on the other.  It was on the ECMWF a few runs ago, went away, appeared on the GFS, went away again.  Now it appears once more on the ECMWF more powerful than before.

44 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Maybe we can get it down to 930 mb over IND with 5 feet of snow.  :weenie:

Losing electricity while under quarantine would be awful though.  Can't cook and can't go out to eat.  Even worse situation for field hospitals taking care of COVID victims.  Are they even built to withstand hurricane force wind gusts?

• Like 1

I had some real nice boomers this morning between 2:45 and 5:30 this morning. I got up and threw a window open to listen to the rain/thunder and smell the petriclor. Ended with 1.09" although areas in the south part of the county had well over 2".

• Like 2