Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2020 Discussion

madwx

5 hours ago, madwx said:

Now that the decade of March is over with it's time to look forward to the eon of April.  Looks to be starting off on a warming trend for the region with storminess becoming more common from Friday through much of next week.

Last year it seemed like March was three months long, and then the last week of November seemed to continue for endless months as well. Subjectively for me it was unrelenting gloom, felt like vacationing in Scotland. Constant freeze thaw. Never wet enough to justify the full on overboots, but damp enough that with three pairs of workboots in rotation the first would dry in time for the third to come home soaked. Maybe just bad luck that this winter and an extensive below-grade excavation coincided, so there was no getting out of it.

Should have bought the GI moon boots.

Not bad for 4PM local time on April 2nd :snowman:

Current conditions at

Grand Forks, Grand Forks International Airport (KGFK)

Lat: 47.95°NLon: 97.18°WElev: 843ft.
blizzard.png

Heavy Snow Blowing Snow and Windy

17°F

-8°C

Humidity 88%
Wind Speed N 26 G 35 mph
Barometer 30.04 in (1019.0 mb)
Dewpoint 14°F (-10°C)
Visibility 0.13 mi
Wind Chill -2°F (-19°C)
Last update 2 Apr 3:53 pm CDT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, UMB WX said:

The sky really is blue.  Nice to finally have some sun hit the skin

Should enjoy the solid stretch the next week or so because it seems the general look Easter weekend into the following week is the ridge shifts east and we may be in the volatile zone of storms.  Would truly be something if we had a wintry threat around my bday for the third straight year.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, wisconsinwx said:

Should enjoy the solid stretch the next week or so because it seems the general look Easter weekend into the following week is the ridge shifts east and we may be in the volatile zone of storms.  Would truly be something if we had a wintry threat around my bday for the third straight year.

meh, climo.   took me many yrs to figure  it out also.  Toss out Lake Michigan and spring climo would be a walk in the park.  We get porked along the lake every yr.

I can't believe how many decent sized Midwest cities are reporting freezing rain during the middle of the day (thankful we are on the warm side of things and will not be seeing freezing rain).  Rochester and Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Kansas City, etc. all reporting it right now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wisconsinwx said:

I can't believe how many decent sized Midwest cities are reporting freezing rain during the middle of the day (thankful we are on the warm side of things and will not be seeing freezing rain).  Rochester and Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Kansas City, etc. all reporting it right now.

garbage weather

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The front ended up being faster than models originally predicted, so just about our entire day has been cold.  We have fallen to the mid 30s as light rain moves in.

Tuesday will likely be the warmest day of the year (70s to near 80), but it will be followed by more cold.

Hopefully we can tag our first 80 Tue.  Euro shows over 1500J/Kg of cape, so hopefully we can get some good convection later in the day as well.