Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2020

donsutherland1

18 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

No power in my area in mid Westchester.  Could be localized...didn’t check Con Ed yet.  huge tree down on the next block is the likely culprit.

definitely warning criteria so whoever said advisory was a dope.  If this happened in 2 weeks time it would have worse.  Leaves out not out yet.

just under 11,000 Con Ed customers without service

https://apps.coned.com/stormcenter/external/default.html

15 minutes ago, psv88 said:

When is the city ever good for winds?

4 minutes ago, ict1523 said:

Quite often actually. Last week was windier than it is now. I live right next to the Hudson so we are no strangers to windstorms.

I agree, pretty good for wind like anywhere else, it just could vary considerably. If you're facing a solid row of buildings it could seem bad, until you go around the corner and its howling. SI, Qns, and Bx mesonets are all 50+ mph today so far. As for offical readings, Central Park is usually bad for winds, some directions worse than others.

Need to watch the line out in central Pa but the inversion won out today. The upper atmosphere is too moist so the big winds are not mixing down. If we had drier upper levels they would be mixing down. None of those soundings posted the pass few days had dry upper levels 

• Weenie 3

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

Need to watch the line out in central Pa but the inversion won out today.

That depends on your location.  The gravity wave that swept through my area about 9:30am this morning took care of that.  Wind gusted to 46 mph at that time.  Many observations of winds along the south shore of LI from 40 - 65 mph today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Need to watch the line out in central Pa but the inversion won out today. The upper atmosphere is too moist so the big winds are not mixing down. If we had drier upper levels they would be mixing down. None of those soundings posted the pass few days had dry upper levels 

Take a time out. Did you see the reports from Rockland and Westchester, gusts to the mid 60s. Bridgeport gusts to 61. 

Seriously, give it a rest. How about you show max gusts from areas further north? 

• Thanks 1