Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Fear and loathing April, 2020 discussion, obs, and the occasional derailment

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

There are no weekends anymore.  It is all yesterday, today, tomorrow. 

Yea don't even know what day it is half the time but that's pretty great if you ask me. You all are getting a taste of retirement only unable to do anything outside your home. But you have to appreciate the slow pace 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea don't even know what day it is half the time but that's pretty great if you ask me. You all are getting a taste of retirement only unable to do anything outside your home. But you have to appreciate the slow pace 

Yeah. I keep mentioning how it feels like retirement to my wife.  I don’t mind the quarantine too much for myself. I feel bad for the majority who are negatively affected.  We have done a ton of walking. Out in the yard as much as weather allows. 

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah. I keep mentioning how it feels like retirement to my wife.  I don’t mind the quarantine too much for myself. I feel bad for the majority who are negatively affected.  We have done a ton of walking. Out in the yard as much as weather allows. 

Wait until the pool opens lol. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The weird thing is that I think my working hours are a little longer now that I am working from home.  Very strange 

Same for me.  Before the work day was determined by the commuter rail schedule.  Now it is so much easier to hop on the computer with my morning coffee and work later into the afternoon.  Of course it has taken a bit more time to do a lot of things remotely, and all of those Zoom and Teams meetings . . .  On the other hand, I can't complain because I still have my job!!!

• Like 1

Having worked from home most of my professional life (including the new job I just started--yay, me!), my life has not changed at all.  M--F are the same and weekends are still what I crave and find at EOD on Fridays.

I take that back....having my wife working from home and daughter home from school makes things different.  But aside from that, life is life!

• Like 2

Speaking of work-actually going in every day is oddly stabilizing.  My hours are long but weekends with nothing to do always was my preference.  I’ve traveled all over the world-being under a SAH order isn’t so bad for a change.  I will be disappointed if I can’t hike and swim at the lake this summer though.