Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fear and loathing April, 2020 discussion, obs, and the occasional derailment

Typhoon Tip

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Said just like the guy at the party who just can't let himself have some fun but instead talks nonstop about how bad of a hangover everyone will have in the morning ;).

I’m not at that party sorry - you got that wrong. 

That 18z Nam may not be an accident - it came in warmer. That was warned and should be fascinating     ;)

oh wait

14 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

He had a great career. Nailed April 96 twins before anyone else I recall. 

Remember when we yelled at him at J J Foley when he called for 1-3 on tv?   We actually got banished to a private room-boisterous weenies we were....

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Might have to get the SOS signal by end of next week?

Saw that ..

the one thing this god-awful spring hasn't given us is a stream topper and near-by ball park submerger ...where the green trash can's top 6 inches sticks out of the water and ducks swim by 2nd base... 

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Remember when we yelled at him at J J Foley when he called for 1-3 on tv?   We actually got banished to a private room-boisterous weenies we were....

Lol that was hilarious. It was particularly funny because of how dignified the staff at JJ Foleys handled it.

Rather than just tell us to leave, they said something like “I think you fellows might be a bit more comfortable in our private back room”. 

Delayed but not denied ?

An interesting pulse in the atmosphere is evident on hi res vis as it is passing SW to NE through the area; the sun is starting to erode the edges but this wave impulse seems to be accelerating that erosion process. Right behind it deforms this stagnated cloud bank along and east of the cordillera.  The preponderance of this morning cloud ceiling was not very well-modeled to be in here to begin with, and it's stolen a couple/few hours of morning sun, but given the trends we should have the open sky appeal ..noon or so. Days are getting long. It's 52 here despite ..and if/when the sun opens, d-slope flow should pop the low 60s. 

Not bad ... If we can couch days like this between yesterday's putrescence, and Monday evening blue-ball spring snow fake-out .. it almost makes it tolerable.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We should do a GTG before a biggie. I was at the 99 the day the '05 blizz started. I had the whole bar weenie-ing out, clamoring for more. 

:thumbsup: One thing I have taken from these past few winters is that enjoy the biggies when the come along!  We have been very lucky here locally over the past several years.  Enjoy every moment leading up to, during and after the big ones.  Its all about making memories!

3 hours ago, ScituateWX said:

:thumbsup: One thing I have taken from these past few winters is that enjoy the biggies when the come along!  We have been very lucky here locally over the past several years.  Enjoy every moment leading up to, during and after the big ones.  Its all about making memories!

We’ve actually been in the snow surplus for the better part of 20 to 25 years… I mean if it’s snow we’re talking about.  

It’s hard to say because the climate is based on 30, 200 .. 300 yr means, and as each data site gets expanded it might try to elucidate a different normal. But I think since 1900, based on that average we have definitely been living a charmed life forever winter enthusiasts. 

It makes putrescent years that much worse….  I grew up in the 1980s-as I date myself lol. But uh ... I think five or six of those years of that decade we’re kind a like this last winter season; although this is not a statement statistical comparison, just by value of having to endure them. We were used to it in the ‘80s.

The 1990s rolled around ..,after I think 1991 .. we started handing out bombs and yardstick storms like Pezz dispensing. ‘99 was a bad winter and there’s been some sprinkled along the way in between obviously 2012 sucked ...  this one. By and large I think it’s been the opposite of the 1980s where perhaps 6 out of 10 have been outstanding have been better than average since 1992.