Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fear and loathing April, 2020 discussion, obs, and the occasional derailment

Typhoon Tip

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

:lol:    At this point, you have to cheer on something fun. I don’t expect it here, but you’d think someone like Dave has room for something over the next 7-10 days. It sounds crazy, but look at the pattern.

Would think it’s crazy but I remember May 1977 so anything can happen.

3 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

Thats an impressive ensemble mean - let alone for late April. 

We just hope for a dynamic solution, otherwise its meh 

Yeah you'll need some really solid dynamics and good rates. Getting 3 quarters of an inch of qpf over 10 hours won't cut it. We need that in 4-5 hours.

Otherwise it's probably a slushy C-2" over higher terrain....still notable for so late, but not that crazy. Advisory amounts or better would be much more historic.

12 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

So over this wx. Never hit 40F today. Didn't even venture outside. Looks like stove getting lit again tonight. I had a pretty big pile of wood left in the garage a few weeks ago thinking I wasn't going to use it till next season, but it's almost gone now.

Yeah, I have only been doing a fire or two a week but tonight is a good night.  I am heading into the summer with the least amount of wood supply I’ve ever had.  Luckily it should be readily available at an OK price.

Just now, alex said:

We had that yesterday. Still getting snow tonight, seems never ending 

Nice on the snow, ha.  It shut down quickly here when the drier mid-level air moved in from the west and skies became broken pretty fast.  Crazy day, full winter to nice sunset.  Weird having the sun set so late in the day after a day and so far north on the horizon with that type of weather today.

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nice on the snow, ha.  It shut down quickly here when the drier mid-level air moved in from the west and skies became broken pretty fast.  Crazy day, full winter to nice sunset.  Weird having the sun set so late in the day after a day and so far north on the horizon with that type of weather today.

Well taht bodes well to get some sun tomorrow. Pretty annoying to have such a wintry day this late in the season. It’s been snowing - and below freezing - for well over 24 hours. The “wintry appeal” is great from November to March. In late April, I’d rather have a Spring appeal :)