Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fear and loathing April, 2020 discussion, obs, and the occasional derailment

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

12Z Euro looks better for me in Central NH.  Bit colder and brings snow south perhaps 25 miles down to about Brian's if Im looking at it correctly.  975mb near Portland.  Hugs the coast from N Mass all the way up to downeast Maine

Brian says half the edges

sn10_acc.us_ne (3).png

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Brian says half the edges

sn10_acc.us_ne (3).png

Steve I'm not looking for much but maybe if the heights are crashing and snow growth is good at the end I'll get an hour or two of snow and wind.  Still 48 hours out and trend is your friend.  Since we are stuck in the house this will be a nice Thursday afternoon distraction from the virus.

7 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Steve I'm not looking for much but maybe if the heights are crashing and snow growth is good at the end I'll get an hour or two of snow and wind.  Still 48 hours out and trend is your friend.  Since we are stuck in the house this will be a nice Thursday afternoon distraction from the virus.

Yea hopefully just that and not a power snapping dump.which looks likely in Maine and maybe North of you. My cement damage in 18 started at 6 inches

• Like 1

Just now, Dr. Dews said:

I don't know, maybe slightly overdone? There should be some very cold nights up your way and esp. NNE

Maybe. Sometimes these cold shots moderate with time...especially this time of year. If the cold dumps more west and then advects in from the WSW we may see quite a bit of moderation. Especially with some early green-up to our southwest. Any bit of evapotranspiration we can get will help put some moisture into the airmass. The euro seems to like to overdo everything in the 8-10d too. 

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Maybe. Sometimes these cold shots moderate with time...especially this time of year. If the cold dumps more west and then advects in from the WSW we may see quite a bit of moderation. Especially with some early green-up to our southwest. Any bit of evapotranspiration we can get will help put some moisture into the airmass. The euro seems to like to overdo everything in the 8-10d too. 

Yeah, that is all true. lack of snow cover from said w/wsw angle of approach too. Obviously 

ims2020097_usa.gif