Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fear and loathing April, 2020 discussion, obs, and the occasional derailment

Typhoon Tip

Just some wet flurries here so far.  

We are blocked on the east side with all the NW to NE veering in the wind flow with height, we are going to be shadowed here in town.  

Mountain is behind a wall of white 5 miles away but with NNE flow aloft under the NW upslope low level flow, that precip isn’t propagating east into town. 

1 hour ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Snowing in Vermont from Bolton Valley to Mount Snow. 3" new at the summit of Mount Snow. Just snowing lightly at Sugarloaf, but it's buried in snow. 

There's no way Mt Snow has gotten 3" today?  The radar looked like it just barely started there.

Even the places in Maine with the heaviest precip have only had 0.35" or so QPF so far.

EURO qpf through 7pm... I'd find it hard to believe Mt Snow has picked up 0.30"+ water equiv for 3" of snow so far.

ecmwf-deterministic-neng-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-5868400.thumb.png.6e2fe9719452dfd3eff5b86b58811304.png

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

There's no way Mt Snow has gotten 3" today?  The radar looked like it just barely started there.

Even the places in Maine with the heaviest precip have only had 0.35" or so QPF so far.

EURO qpf through 7pm... I'd find it hard to believe Mt Snow has picked up 0.30"+ water equiv for 3" of snow so far.

ecmwf-deterministic-neng-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-5868400.thumb.png.6e2fe9719452dfd3eff5b86b58811304.png

Been +RN here for a couple hrs or so now after a mod rain earlier, 0.54" so far.

39 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Mount Snow summit cam showing 3" at the snow stake.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah but that snow has been there since the system the other day.  That’s not from today.

Whats on the roof of that birdhouse or barn is from today.

Very true, just go back 10 hours on the above video to see.  It only really started whitening the roof about an hour and a half ago.

27 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

And how am I to know this?

I don’t know why you are defensive?  I merely looked at the cam and thought if it snowed 3” there’d be 3” on the roof of that barn too.

I was just clearing up that it didn’t snow that much.  Didn’t mean to offend ya.

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don’t know why you are defensive?  I merely looked at the cam and thought if it snowed 3” there’d be 3” on the roof of that barn too.

I was just clearing up that it didn’t snow that much.  Didn’t mean to offend ya.

I saw the accumulating snow at Bolton Valley, MRG and Stratton and put 2+2 together. I thought the Mount Snow stake was accurate. Didn't realize they had snow earlier than today on the stake. I guess the sun angle melted the snow on the roof. 

My bad.