• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

8 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

This means that Freak is going to be our big snowfall winner over the coming winters Now he can brag when a snowband brings him 2 inches while the rest of us get a dusting. :P 

I'm currently working out a deal with the ROC airport to inflate their numbers even higher next winter to prevent this from happening.  I'm thinking we might even get a 200" season if I can round up a enough cash.  Taking donations.... ;) 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

This is literally one of the biggest health discoveries of all time that no one knows about or laughs at lol

Jason Parkinson, of Sequim, Washington, is a quadriplegic with extraordinary courage and optimism. He suffered a severed cervical spine in a 1990 car crash.  In September of 2017, the then 47-year-old began sleeping grounded, and grounding himself as well during the day in his wheelchair.

In January 2018, he reported a nearly 90 percent decrease in systemic pain and severely disruptive leg spasms at night, for which he has used very strong medication and even straps.

Always prone to coldness, he says he now enjoys systemic warmth.  His skin has become pink, indicative of improved circulation.

A lab test in December showed that his “severely low” testosterone had soared 78 percent since he started grounding.  He had been taking testosterone injections for two years, and stopped them “instinctively” when he started grounding. “I thought grounding might help with my testosterone issue,” he said.  “Sure enough. It did.”

The visible chronic inflammation on his body, legs, and arms are gone.

His lung capacity, previously limited to 20 percent, has expanded to 60 percent.

Jason says his doctors are amazed.

“I’m grounding most of the day.  Nearly 24 hours.  The more you ground the better.  Good at 8 hours, better at 12, and I’m pretty close to 24 hour every day. It’s helping me phenomenally.  My energy is off the charts,” he says.  “My strength and clarity are way up. My hair is thicker.  My wife and caregiver say I am more confident and can cuss even more.”

As soon as I hit 40 I'm taking test supplements. Maybe even the unnatural kind. Arnold looks pretty good for 72.  ;) 

• Haha 2

Keep us informed on this grounding stuff. I’m very skeptical but willing to admit that I know very little. 
Hope it works. I’m riddled with inflammation. Joint problems, low back pain, chronic pancreatitis, anxiety, on and on it goes. So if anything works, I’m willing to try. I’m currently on NAC and a few other antioxidants. 
Ive been walking around in bare feet because of this. Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

I'm currently working out a deal with the ROC airport to inflate their numbers even higher next winter to prevent this from happening.  I'm thinking we might even get a 200" season if I can round up a enough cash.  Taking donations.... ;) 

If we don't have money, will you accept hand sanitizer by the teaspoon and gently used face masks?

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Keep us informed on this grounding stuff. I’m very skeptical but willing to admit that I know very little. 
Hope it works. I’m riddled with inflammation. Joint problems, low back pain, chronic pancreatitis, anxiety, on and on it goes. So if anything works, I’m willing to try. I’m currently on NAC and a few other antioxidants. 
Ive been walking around in bare feet because of this. Lol

I have to wonder if the seasonal depression many people experience is exacerbated by the fact that we hunker down and basically don't touch the ground or earth for 4-6 months each winter.  Certainly intriguing.  

Also, think about walking around on a carpet in socks.  You build up an incredible amount of static electricity that is actually a very high voltage.  That can't be good for our circuits.  I was wildly skeptical of this idea but am quickly coming around to the idea that it really might be helpful

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

As soon as I hit 40 I'm taking test supplements. Maybe even the unnatural kind. Arnold looks pretty good for 72.  ;) 

A lot of the lifting podcasts I listen to make it sound very tempting, especially when not overdone. Down side is that once you start you will be on some stage of replacement therapy your entire life. I wonder if it will someday be decriminalized and de-stigmatized like marijuana and we start to see other long term benefits.

As far as the grounding topic if there is some truth to it scientifically it would have to have something to do with oxidizing ions and being able to neutralize through electron flow. So i say plausible. I'm outside in bare feet 10 months a year...now if it would just get rid of some of this nagging tendinitis. 

• Like 3

Most grounding these days are done indoors, via the grounding port of the 3 prong outlet..It's best to sleep grounded as that's when you're body really repairs itself...

I'll do my own study over the next month lol

This is the one I purchased . should be here on Friday..

https://www.earthing.com/products/universal-mat-kit

Here is the documentary "the grounded"..It's a good watch..

And here is the"earthing movie"

• Like 1

I find this Grounding discussion very intriguing. I am all about reactivating the body. Acupuncture helps with the nervous system, Chiropractic Care helps with the Skeletal system and so many other organ systems, etc... I have yet to do acupuncture or grounding, but my wife and I started Chiropractic care years ago and will continue doing it the rest of our lives. If none of you have tried one, I also strongly advocate using an inversion table. (I just got off mine.) Helps battle against the forces of gravity always pushing our bodies down, down, down, and the negative effects that can play. It is great for stretching out your body. I know both of these methods have helped reduce my anxiety and to think more clearly and feel better as the pathways inside my body are opened back up.

The less drugs and chemicals I "have" to put in my body, the better.

• Like 3

I’m into holistic treatments. And cannabis. Lol. I’ve got a massage scheduled for this afternoon- get one every few weeks. I was taking lots of supplements and antioxidants until recently when I decided to stop. Ever since curtailing, I’ve actually felt better. Who knows. 
Im up for anything. Even though I’m scientifically biased, working in medicine has opened my eyes to the truth that we know very little about the human body. Many of our ‘cures’ were discovered accidentally or through trial and error. Rare is the treatment that was designed via understanding of physiology and chemistry. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

I’m into holistic treatments. And cannabis. Lol. I’ve got a massage scheduled for this afternoon- get one every few weeks. I was taking lots of supplements and antioxidants until recently when I decided to stop. Ever since curtailing, I’ve actually felt better. Who knows. 
Im up for anything. Even though I’m scientifically biased, working in medicine has opened my eyes to the truth that we know very little about the human body. Many of our ‘cures’ were discovered accidentally or through trial and error. Rare is the treatment that was designed via understanding of physiology and chemistry. 

You should try a massage with CBD oil...couple places here offer it. I'm sure someone out by you offers it.

15 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

Yes, I actually massage my own hands frequently. It's amazing how simple things we can easily change can make a big difference.

5 hours ago, MJO812 said:

My antibodies test came back positive

One of my teaching colleagues was excited when I saw her last week because she tested positive for the antibodies. I told her it must be a big relief and freeing to be in this position. It also makes me wonder if she had Covid while we were still in school. If so, many of us could have been exposed already. It's made me consider going and getting myself checked.

So here's my experience so far with earthing/grounding, only about an hour a day as I wait for my kit..

#1 is dreaming, multiple-several vivid dreams per night, the type that I will remember weeks from now lol Indicative of deeper sleep..I do sleep longer as well but still more fragmented than I would like..

#2 Increased energy in the mornings.. Even with the broken sleep I tend to feel more awake, alert, "alive" .

#3 Reduction of Anxiety, "feeling of calmness" ..I use an oximeter to tell my resting heart rate, I'm usually at 10 bpm less when grounded compared to sitting inside. 

#4 pain relief and better breathing..I tend to deal with GI issues due to my anxiety, sitting with my feet covered in the earth for about 30min-1hr seems to take most of my discomfort away, including shortness of breath due to anxiety/GI discomfort..

After about 1 hour I tend to feel a warm tingling feeling in my feet that slowly rides up my legs and other parts of my body, I usually would freak out with those type of sensations lol I looked it up and it seems to be totally normal.. This is considered the"detox" phase..

When people are grounded through the feet (either by standing barefoot on the Earth or via grounded EKG patches in experiments), they sometimes feel a tingling sensation moving up the legs. We associate this with the apparent movement of electrons up into the body.

2 hours ago, brentrich said:

Don't be surprised we will be back to Phase 1 in few weeks, so many people not wearing masks and cases are rising now in NY. 

Show me where cases are rising in NY. We have the lowest infection rate of any state in the entire country at 0.77 and cases are at their lowest number they’ve been at since the pandemic started and that’s even with testing 3 times as much daily now as when the Pandemic began. 50,000 test a day now in NY and only less than 2% in the entire state coming back positive daily. Some areas like the North Country only have 0.2 - 0.5 % of test coming back positive, and this is even with all the reopening taking place (their in phase 3 already). Hospitalizations and deaths are also the lowest they’ve been at since it all began in early/mid March. Sure other states are having surges but that’s because it took a long time to get to them, they’re just having later peaks then us, it just happens to coincide with them reopening since most of the country is opening up at the same time. Right now for a change New York is one of the safest states you can be in for Covid IMO, now that we’re well past our peak. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Picked up one of these for the backyard deck. Anyone here have one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JJDNWHQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61OQ9zg0BIL._AC_SL1134_.jpg

Had one. Left it out during the wintertime and the water that accumulated on the “stone” edges (really a thin set mixture textured to look like stone) landed up freezing and expanding in the grooves of the “stone” and cracked the surround. Was great when we had it , I just foolishly left it outside during the winter which was my mistake. Much more convenient than a “real” fire however it is nice to have the smell of a real fire especially with a good dry hardwood. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Had one. Left it out during the wintertime and the water that accumulated on the “stone” edges (really a thin set mixture textured to look like stone) landed up freezing and expanding in the grooves of the “stone” and cracked the surround. Was great when we had it , I just foolishly left it outside during the winter which was my mistake. Much more convenient than a “real” fire however it is nice to have the smell of a real fire especially with a good dry hardwood. 

Yeah I have both. One for real fire on the lawn and this one now for the deck. 

• Like 1

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic