• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

They have had some decent years all things considered and some pretty big stinkers lol

2008 - 2009, 26.8".            2009 - 2010, 74.2"               2010 - 2011, 61.1"  

2011 - 2012: 8.5"               2012 - 2013: 38.2”               2013 - 2014: 73.3" 
2014 - 2015: 54"                2015 - 2016: 40.9"              2016 - 2017: 28.7" 

2017 - 2018: 62.9”.   

On the plus side when they do get big snowstorms their entire world stops. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Well it's been real guys.. Just signed the papers to sell my house back to the original owners..I'm heading back down to the jersey shore in hopes to eventually buy a house on the beach..I'll miss you fookers but I'm sure I'll be on here more than the NJ/NYC board lol It was a good run but I miss all my friends and family down in the MA..I also miss the food which is so much better than this area lol Plus the boardwalk, Atlantic City, going to sports games (Giants, Yankees) etc.. Only thing I'll really miss here is the snow lol I'll probably be moving sometime in August, September..

Promise to keep posting model runs here in the winter. ;)

• Like 1

Haha you ain't kidding luke..

Last time I was there they had a 30" snowstorm that shut down major highways for like a week..

I was a freshman in HS for the blizzard of 96 (24"-30") and we had 5 days off lol

They will cancel school for a threat of snow..

Wolfie!!! WTF! I never check in over the summer and I just thought I’d see what you nerds were talking about and saw your news. I’m shocked.

Dude! You pretty much keep this board alive! All your posts will be missed. As will the reports from Altmar or wherever lol. 
So you hanging it all up huh? Gonna go get those teeth fixed and everything. 
Bet you lived in that house for free. 

God bless ya bro. I’ll miss ya! 

6 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

You mean Monopoly? Haha No I'm not heading that far south, more like ocean, Monmouth counties..For the first year or so I'll be living in interior Monmouth about 20 miles from the beach, actually not a terrible spot for coastal storms..

freehold_nj.gif

Whoa! I just looked up average home prices for there...300 to 400 thousands....3 times more than Pulaski.

I hope you saved up some money... :P Or, found a sweet apartment!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Whoa! I just looked up average home prices for there...300 to 400 thousands....3 times more than Pulaski.

I hope you saved up some money... :P Or, found a sweet apartment!

Haha yeah dude, pretty much the reason I moved here to begin with lol Monmouth county is the 38th wealthiest county in America, actually jersey owns 6 of the top 38.. Last time I checked NJ also had the highest% of millionaires...But there is some cheaper areas where you can get houses between 150k-200k..That's why I chuckle when people complain about property tax..My in-laws pay 10k a year and have like 1/4 acre lol NY is actually skewed due to NYC...

Screenshot_20200606-063828.png

Screenshot_20200606-064045.png

3 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Haha yeah dude, pretty much the reason I moved here to begin with lol Monmouth county is the 38th wealthiest county in America, actually jersey owns 6 of the top 38.. Last time I checked NJ also had the highest% of millionaires...But there is some cheaper areas where you can get houses between 150k-200k..That's why I chuckle when people complain about property tax..My in-laws pay 10k a year and have like 1/4 acre lol NY is actually skewed due to NYC...

Screenshot_20200606-063828.png

Screenshot_20200606-064045.png

New Hampshire gets an asterisk...no income tax!  

• Like 1

At least I'd be able to get high :lol: Even though I don't actually smoke anymore haha

New Jersey

Perhaps the state with the best chance of legalization is the Garden State. In December, New Jersey's two legislative houses voted very decisively in favor of putting a constitutional amendment on the November ballot that would legalize recreational marijuana. Similar to the other states to have OK'd the recreational consumption and sale of adult-use weed, adults 21 and over would be allowed to purchase cannabis.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

At least I'd be able to get high :lol: Even though I don't actually smoke anymore haha

New Jersey

Perhaps the state with the best chance of legalization is the Garden State. In December, New Jersey's two legislative houses voted very decisively in favor of putting a constitutional amendment on the November ballot that would legalize recreational marijuana. Similar to the other states to have OK'd the recreational consumption and sale of adult-use weed, adults 21 and over would be allowed to purchase cannabis.

I think that law will be passed and made legislation in all 50 states within 3 years. 

• Like 1

Yeah the good stuff does lol 

The stuff on the street is hit it or miss. 

You can already get CBD oil which is the main compound for mental health..

THC is what gets you high..

CBD oil has been studied for its potential role in easing symptoms of many common health issues, including anxiety, depression, acne and heart disease. For those with cancer, it may even provide a natural alternative for pain and symptom relief

• Like 1

I continue to look at more natural ways to improve my sleep and anxiety.. Sleep deprivation it self feeds into anxiety..I'm waiting on my earthing pad to arrive lol

Obviously you can tell which study is earthing and which is not lol

tab1.png

It also normalizes cortisol levels Which is a big stress hormone..If it's to high it lowers it, if to low it increases it .

JEPH2012-291541.001.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

CBD oil has been studied for its potential role in easing symptoms of many common health issues, including anxiety, depression, acne and heart disease. For those with cancer, it may even provide a natural alternative for pain and symptom relief

+1 on CBD oil. Plus it works great on dogs. 

Edit: You have to make sure its high quality. The crap sold at 7/11 isnt worth its packaging. I design systems that process CBD, only a few places do a great job with quality control.

• Like 2

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-sweden-mortality/sweden-records-first-week-with-no-excess-mortality-since-pandemic-struck-idUSKBN23F1WK

For those curious, they've had 4,600 deaths. Comparing populations, that would be the equivalent of almost 150,000 deaths in the US. So their no-lockdown (lockdown-lite -- limits on crowd sizes, etc) seems like a costly choice, but not devastatingly so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Yup, BIG difference between CBD and THC. Not molecular, but the way it binds to our CB1 receptors causing the psychoactive effects. I'm all for medical use of CBD oil, but there's no medical need for THC. 

• Like 2

Crazy story. A friend of mine just got the antibody test results for COVID. She and her husband were both positive. They were really sick in March. She said it did feel like the typical flu but intensified, and lasted for over 10 days. Her baby was a few months old at the time and she was breastfeeding. Her son received antibodies from her while she was fighting it off, helping to prevent him from getting sick.

7 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-sweden-mortality/sweden-records-first-week-with-no-excess-mortality-since-pandemic-struck-idUSKBN23F1WK

For those curious, they've had 4,600 deaths. Comparing populations, that would be the equivalent of almost 150,000 deaths in the US. So their no-lockdown (lockdown-lite -- limits on crowd sizes, etc) seems like a costly choice, but not devastatingly so.

If you want to be entertained go post that and americanpol...:D

I think had we gone that route the entire world would have been better do it. 

On 6/4/2020 at 10:23 PM, wolfie09 said:

Well it's been real guys.. Just signed the papers to sell my house back to the original owners..I'm heading back down to the jersey shore in hopes to eventually buy a house on the beach..I'll miss you fookers but I'm sure I'll be on here more than the NJ/NYC board lol It was a good run but I miss all my friends and family down in the MA..I also miss the food which is so much better than this area lol Plus the boardwalk, Atlantic City, going to sports games (Giants, Yankees) etc.. Only thing I'll really miss here is the snow lol I'll probably be moving sometime in August, September..

I missed this since I have been detuning from the noise.  Congrats on the decision, it's certainly understandable.  You will be missed here for sure.   Best of luck to you and the Frau.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2020 at 11:59 AM, wolfie09 said:

I continue to look at more natural ways to improve my sleep and anxiety.. Sleep deprivation it self feeds into anxiety..I'm waiting on my earthing pad to arrive lol

Obviously you can tell which study is earthing and which is not lol

tab1.png

It also normalizes cortisol levels Which is a big stress hormone..If it's to high it lowers it, if to low it increases it .

JEPH2012-291541.001.jpg

Among the feedback received by Mr. Ober was a letter from a man diagnosed with incurable stage 4 cancer and given less than a year to live.  He had an aggressive type of squamous cell carcinoma with some 15 tumors located in his lungs, intestines, liver, and throat.  He had chosen to follow a reduced chemotherapy regimen, a change of diet, and grounding.  He used a grounding patch for nine weeks placed over the main tumor in his body (7.5 centimeters, in the right lung).  At the end of that time, the tumor had shrunk to 2.8 cm.

Subsequently he obtained a grounded sheet and used that as well.  He stated that after another nine weeks, the combined strategy had “killed all of the tumors.”  He said he understands that his body will keep producing cancer cells, and for that reason, he will continue to ground himself for the rest of his life to try to keep the cancer at bay.

We do not make any claim that grounding is a cure for cancer or any other disease.  We do, however, believe grounding can typically play a highly beneficial role.

It is interesting to note that in wild animals, who are generally grounded 24/7 in their natural habitats, cancer rarely occurs

On 6/5/2020 at 11:06 PM, rochesterdave said:

Wolfie!!! WTF! I never check in over the summer and I just thought I’d see what you nerds were talking about and saw your news. I’m shocked.

Dude! You pretty much keep this board alive! All your posts will be missed. As will the reports from Altmar or wherever lol. 
So you hanging it all up huh? Gonna go get those teeth fixed and everything. 
Bet you lived in that house for free. 

God bless ya bro. I’ll miss ya! 

Haha I wish I lived in this house for free lol

I'll miss you guys as well but like I've stated I will still be on here, I will just have less of a bias lol I still plan on posting as much as possible, I will just sleep a little more.. Heck I've already talked to the old lady about a little camp in the tug or something..I will find my way up here in winter from time to time...

Hey Wolfie, you were always tracking something and always trying to remain optimistic.  You will be missed but I know you'll still be back to get your fix.  

Good luck in your future endeavors and thanks for always being a level headed weather watcher with us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is literally one of the biggest health discoveries of all time that no one knows about or laughs at lol

Jason Parkinson, of Sequim, Washington, is a quadriplegic with extraordinary courage and optimism. He suffered a severed cervical spine in a 1990 car crash.  In September of 2017, the then 47-year-old began sleeping grounded, and grounding himself as well during the day in his wheelchair.

In January 2018, he reported a nearly 90 percent decrease in systemic pain and severely disruptive leg spasms at night, for which he has used very strong medication and even straps.

Always prone to coldness, he says he now enjoys systemic warmth.  His skin has become pink, indicative of improved circulation.

A lab test in December showed that his “severely low” testosterone had soared 78 percent since he started grounding.  He had been taking testosterone injections for two years, and stopped them “instinctively” when he started grounding. “I thought grounding might help with my testosterone issue,” he said.  “Sure enough. It did.”

The visible chronic inflammation on his body, legs, and arms are gone.

His lung capacity, previously limited to 20 percent, has expanded to 60 percent.

Jason says his doctors are amazed.

“I’m grounding most of the day.  Nearly 24 hours.  The more you ground the better.  Good at 8 hours, better at 12, and I’m pretty close to 24 hour every day. It’s helping me phenomenally.  My energy is off the charts,” he says.  “My strength and clarity are way up. My hair is thicker.  My wife and caregiver say I am more confident and can cuss even more.”

24 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

This is literally one of the biggest health discoveries of all time that no one knows about or laughs at lol

Jason Parkinson, of Sequim, Washington, is a quadriplegic with extraordinary courage and optimism. He suffered a severed cervical spine in a 1990 car crash.  In September of 2017, the then 47-year-old began sleeping grounded, and grounding himself as well during the day in his wheelchair.

In January 2018, he reported a nearly 90 percent decrease in systemic pain and severely disruptive leg spasms at night, for which he has used very strong medication and even straps.

Always prone to coldness, he says he now enjoys systemic warmth.  His skin has become pink, indicative of improved circulation.

A lab test in December showed that his “severely low” testosterone had soared 78 percent since he started grounding.  He had been taking testosterone injections for two years, and stopped them “instinctively” when he started grounding. “I thought grounding might help with my testosterone issue,” he said.  “Sure enough. It did.”

The visible chronic inflammation on his body, legs, and arms are gone.

His lung capacity, previously limited to 20 percent, has expanded to 60 percent.

Jason says his doctors are amazed.

“I’m grounding most of the day.  Nearly 24 hours.  The more you ground the better.  Good at 8 hours, better at 12, and I’m pretty close to 24 hour every day. It’s helping me phenomenally.  My energy is off the charts,” he says.  “My strength and clarity are way up. My hair is thicker.  My wife and caregiver say I am more confident and can cuss even more.”

I'm a very scientific guy so I'm definitely a little skeptical, but I also can see how some of this makes pretty good logical sense.  Humans certainly involved to be in contact with the earth nearly all the time for thousands upon thousands of years (that is until modern inventions began to isolate us from the earth).  That certainly happened much faster than we could evolve so perhaps we are living out of electrical balance.  Our bodies are run on electrical signals, so there is definitely some intriguing connections between being grounded and not grounded.  

That said, the placebo effect is incredibly strong so I'm wary of buying into this completely.  Would definitely like to see some rigorous double blind studies and will continue to look into this.  So if nothing else, thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I had never heard about it until you mentioned it and find it quite interesting.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 2:48 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

Crazy story. A friend of mine just got the antibody test results for COVID. She and her husband were both positive. They were really sick in March. She said it did feel like the typical flu but intensified, and lasted for over 10 days. Her baby was a few months old at the time and she was breastfeeding. Her son received antibodies from her while she was fighting it off, helping to prevent him from getting sick.

Breastfeeding is such a good thing for infants - this being one of those! We've experienced the same with multiple kid and the Croup & RSV. Babies had minimal symptoms and quick recoveries.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I'm a very scientific guy so I'm definitely a little skeptical, but I also can see how some of this makes pretty good logical sense.  Humans certainly involved to be in contact with the earth nearly all the time for thousands upon thousands of years (that is until modern inventions began to isolate us from the earth).  That certainly happened much faster than we could evolve so perhaps we are living out of electrical balance.  Our bodies are run on electrical signals, so there is definitely some intriguing connections between being grounded and not grounded.  

That said, the placebo effect is incredibly strong so I'm wary of buying into this completely.  Would definitely like to see some rigorous double blind studies and will continue to look into this.  So if nothing else, thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I had never heard about it until you mentioned it and find it quite interesting.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378297/

I think there's another I posted a couple pages ago...didn't read through them all, but there is some interesting data. We know that inflammation is a significant contributor to may health issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Haha I wish I lived in this house for free lol

I'll miss you guys as well but like I've stated I will still be on here, I will just have less of a bias lol I still plan on posting as much as possible, I will just sleep a little more.. Heck I've already talked to the old lady about a little camp in the tug or something..I will find my way up here in winter from time to time...

This means that Freak is going to be our big snowfall winner over the coming winters Now he can brag when a snowband brings him 2 inches while the rest of us get a dusting. :P 

• Haha 1

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic