• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

51 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Positivity rate back up today. Our county led all of NYS in confirmed cases. Worldometers said 933 cases yesterday in Erie county. 2nd place was Suffolk with 651

image.thumb.png.393e8f70416ca41e277db93a684a76c6.png

With UB students gone until the end of January, a chunk of regular tests and higher than average positivity rate and new cases will be taken out of Erie County’s numbers. I expect a small but significant drop in those metrics. It will probably have limited affect on hospitalizations, as college age COVID cases are a far greater risk to others than to themselves, and their interactions with non-students are generally limited to food service and retail workers and to a lesser extent the police who have to break up their superspreading parties.

23 hours ago, OSUmetstud said:

Stop polluting the board with your nuttiness. 

When I was exercising yesterday.. I couldnt stop thinking about how the death rate has changed so drastically since the early days in NYC... it really boggles my mind.. was it a different COVID?  probably not...

https://academy.esicm.org/mod/emodulepage/view.php?id=7979

https://www.dentaquestpartnership.org/system/files/The Link Between Ventilator Pneumonia and the Mouth.pdf

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04372576

And my personal favorite is the ensuing class action lawsuit:

https://www.gilmanbedigian.com/ventilator-associated-pneumonia

23 hours ago, OSUmetstud said:

Stop polluting the board with your nuttiness. 

What is nutty is this idea that we are going to somehow "contact trace" the flu.. here is your contact trace result.. EVERYONE HAS IT.. period the end.. its over.

Stop killing people with ventilators. 

17 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

What is nutty is this idea that we are going to somehow "contact trace" the flu.. here is your contact trace result.. EVERYONE HAS IT.. period the end.. its over.

What's the alternative?

People are put on ventilators for a reason, they can't breathe lol 

So do we just let them suffer gasping for air?

3 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

What's the alternative?

People are put on ventilators for a reason, they can't breathe lol 

So do we just let them suffer gasping for air?

Now they give them steroids and tell them to roll over on there side... 

The hospital protocols in the early days was a one size fits all approach - 

• if you blood oxygen level fell to a certain point, you were placed in a medically induced coma.  
  • this happened when you were all alone in the hospital with no one to advocate for you
  • doctors in northern Italy, who made the same mistakes were telling us not to do this
  • So many people were intubated that it got to the point where in some hospitals, there was a 1 Respiratory Therapist to 80 patients.
  • Intubated patients were isolated, fed through feeding tubes leading out of the rooms and treatment for other illnesses like diabetes were ignored
  • Many patients DEVELOPED kidney failure and pneumonia that didnt exist prior to hospitalization 
  • when patients crashed, nurses were told not to chest compressions..

These people died needlessly, alone and isolated from their families. 

Someone should be held accountable... like criminally held accountable. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 40westwx said:

You have no idea what you're talking. Literally none. Not everyone has it...most haven't. We aren't killing people with ventilators. These people need oxygen. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WNash said:

With UB students gone until the end of January, a chunk of regular tests and higher than average positivity rate and new cases will be taken out of Erie County’s numbers. I expect a small but significant drop in those metrics. It will probably have limited affect on hospitalizations, as college age COVID cases are a far greater risk to others than to themselves, and their interactions with non-students are generally limited to food service and retail workers and to a lesser extent the police who have to break up their superspreading parties.

Yeah a lot of the mandatory testing will go away with schools and colleges going full remote. I still think community spread is rampant and based on what I saw yesterday we will see a big uptick in 2 weeks. 

8 hours ago, WNash said:

Nope that's not the case. 

1 hour ago, OSUmetstud said:

You have no idea what you're talking. Literally none. Not everyone has it...most haven't. We aren't killing people with ventilators. These people need oxygen. 

Putting someone on a ventilator who does not need it is Medical Malpractice.. plain and simple.  

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2020/ventilator-use-older-coronavirus-patients.html

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200422/most-covid-19-patients-placed-on-ventilators-died-new-york-study-shows#1

1 minute ago, 40westwx said:

Sigh. Early on in the pandemic we didn't know how to best treat people. It was typical practice to put people on low oxygen with covid on ventilators. Now that we know more they don't put people on ventilators as much. They're still used at a certain point when oxygen is really low. There's 6000 people on ventilators with Covid right now. Covid sucks. The ventilators didn't cause the breathing issues and they didn't cause the pneumonia. 

Why is it so hard to you to accept that this a terrible disease killing lots of people and the doctors and scientists on the frontlines are doing their very best to treat people? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

And this is pre thanksgiving. Wait until a week or so from now. 15%+ likely coming. 

Yeah its getting bad and quick. We made the NY Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/26/nyregion/buffalo-covid-rates.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20201127&instance_id=24517&nl=the-morning&regi_id=137071596&segment_id=45535&te=1&user_id=5f09e984e56b8b65a7cb5168a5eece04

And the Covid-19 hotline for Erie County, where Buffalo is situated, is getting “annihilated,” the health commissioner said, with 1,500 calls in one 24-hour period this week.

21 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

And your background in the medical profession is????.........

I come from the school of life.. I can sniff out bs.  This whole thing smells to high hell.  Its about control and fear... our great grand children will be studying this period in world history as the time in which social media "crowd sourced" a pandemic by creating a snow ball that couldnt be stopped.

It will be cautionary tale.

41 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

I come from the school of life.. I can sniff out bs.  This whole thing smells to high hell.  Its about control and fear... our great grand children will be studying this period in world history as the time in which social media "crowd sourced" a pandemic by creating a snow ball that couldnt be stopped.

LOL...if you say so..........................

41 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

Image result for funny bs meter memes

13 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

9.9% and the Galleria was packed today!  

C7758363-4ADB-48B9-AB16-0A1F6BEB936A.jpeg

B6DA18B8-FEF2-4E49-858A-8246F2D9872B.jpeg

That lady on the bottom left-hand side clearly wearing no mask...:lmao:....wonder how many more like that were in the mall and across stores/malls in America. I am a bit surprised that the food kiosks are "allowed" to stay open in the middle of a packed mall. People HAVE to remove their mask to eat/drink. Sort of contradicts the point of requiring masks. My wife and I went to a creamery for our anniversary in October. They allowed you to sample ice cream. I "asked him for permission" to move my mask over to sample..it was just awkward. I know it wasn't off long at all...but the lack of consistency in mask wearing and social distancing is just confusing. I think it just adds to the attitude of some people that "This doesn't make sense" so they ignore and rebel against the orders.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic