• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

I think it's more about the equipment Luke..If the equipment is sanitized frequently like shopping carts at a grocery store then I don't see much difference imo..

There is no evidence that the virus can be spread through sweat. However, the virus can be transmitted in places like gyms by other means - through respiratory droplets that pass from person to person or that land on surfaces that multiple people touch, such as gym equipment

I went to TJ Max yesterday and it was slammed with people. From my last few months at the gym with everyone wearing mask, 33% capacity limits, wiping everything down, the air filtration systems, and the spray guns every 10-15 minutes I can say I definitely felt safer in the gyms than I did at walmart/target/etc...

If you honestly think that most gyms are being properly cleaned and sanitized you are kidding yourself. And many gym goers do not take the time to properly clean off equipment after use.  Add in that many people will continue to go to a gym even while sick. Gyms are teeming with bacteria under the best of circumstances. Gyms lack the staff and money do properly sanitize and clean a gym unless it is a very small gym. 

Most gyms close between 8 -10 at night then open at 4-6 the following morning. The gym closes and the employees are out the door.  Do you think that most gyms are doing a thorough cleaning overnight???

7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I went to TJ Max yesterday and it was slammed with people. From my last few months at the gym with everyone wearing mask, 33% capacity limits, wiping everything down, the air filtration systems, and the spray guns every 10-15 minutes I can say I definitely felt safer in the gyms than I did at walmart/target/etc...

You need to stop spreading false information. Please do not be like Trump, thank you. 

6 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

If you honestly think that most gyms are being properly cleaned and sanitized you are kidding yourself. And many gym goers do not take the time to properly clean off equipment after use.  Add in that many people will continue to go to a gym even while sick. Gyms are teeming with bacteria under the best of circumstances. Gyms lack the staff and money do properly sanitize and clean a gym unless it is a very small gym. 

Most gyms close between 8 -10 at night then open at 4-6 the following morning. The gym closes and the employees are out the door.  Do you think that most gyms are doing a thorough cleaning overnight???

There were very few if any contact traced cases to gyms in Western New York. That's the facts. 

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

There were very few if any contact traced cases to gyms in Western New York. That's the facts. 

My point is and remains  most gyms are filthy regardless of the Covid-19 situation. I can't tell you how many times over the years that I have seen people working out at gyms while obviously sick. Some people lack the common sense do the right thing. Many do not even clean the equipment that they use. And pools,showers,locker rooms and saunas are rarely if ever cleaned properly. 

20 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I think it's more about the equipment Luke..If the equipment is sanitized frequently like shopping carts at a grocery store then I don't see much difference imo..

There is no evidence that the virus can be spread through sweat. However, the virus can be transmitted in places like gyms by other means - through respiratory droplets that pass from person to person or that land on surfaces that multiple people touch, such as gym equipment

This same thing happens in a grocery store. Gotta find that perfectly ripe melon... When I had a gym membership I always wiped down the equip when I was done. Recently when I was in MO for work the local gyms were open and everyone was wiping down before and after. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

At the local price chopper you can't put your items on the conveyor until it's sanitized..

Stores in Ma are not doing that. I have noticed grocery stores becoming more and more lax with their protocols. The local Wal Mart is still doing a head count for capacity. And I have noticed employees using a device similar to a power washer to sanitize shopping carts. I went to a Best Buy yesterday and I have to say their protocols are pretty good. They are strict with store capacity and everyone must wear a mask while inside. If someone doesn't have a mask they are given one to wear.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

At the local price chopper you can't put your items on the conveyor until it's sanitized..

Same here and it's ridiculously stupid.

I can see someone thinking of that idea last March, and it being reasonable.

We know much more now.  You aren't getting Covid from the grocery conveyer belt.

What we need is for people to wear masks.  It makes a big difference.  And every time you hit people with stupid mindless rules like cleansing the grocery conveyer, they get more fed up and feel more harassed and get less likely to do the things that actually matter.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Just finished making an anitpasto

20201125_220459.jpg

The farther away you get from the metropolitan areas, the fewer people know what antipasto is. Where I grew up in PA, Lancaster, this was not something found anywhere. But, where my dad grew up in Hazleton, it is everywhere. Hazleton has lots of connections to NYC and has a very large Italian population. I find cultural influences and how they spread to different parts of the country very interesting. Looking at your picture brings back memories of my dad ordering it whenever he went home.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

Proof of said filthiness? The dirtiest gyms I’ve been in are still way cleaner than any Walmart or Tops. 

Hey now!  I’d put the cleanliness of my store up against any similar retailer!  We’re disinfecting carts in between every shopper.  Have a clerk on daily who does nothing but disinfect high touch points surfaces.  We do a full clean down of the registers every 2 hours.  Wegmans tried the register cleaning in between every shopper but it was a nightmare for them.  It just caused a cluster **** line to the back of the store.  They did away with that practice.  It’s not feasible.  Spread in a full sized grocery store or Target, Walmart is minimal to none.  If it was we would be dropping like flies.  I’ve had 2 workers test positive so far in wave 2.  Contact tracing found both were infected in settings outside of work.  Our health screening protocol is very strict.  Anyone who has had contact with another positive person or claims 2 or more of the noted symptoms is sent home with pay. If corona was coming home on your loaf of bread from the store we would have all been infected by now.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Hey now!  I’d put the cleanliness of my store up against any similar retailer!  We’re disinfecting carts in between every shopper.  Have a clerk on daily who does nothing but disinfect high touch points surfaces.  We do a full clean down of the registers every 2 hours.  Wegmans tried the register cleaning in between every shopper but it was a nightmare for them.  It just caused a cluster **** line to the back of the store.  They did away with that practice.  It’s not feasible.  Spread in a full sized grocery store or Target, Walmart is minimal to none.  If it was we would be dropping like flies.  I’ve had 2 workers test positive so far in wave 2.  Contact tracing found both were infected in settings outside of work.  Our health screening protocol is very strict.  Anyone who has had contact with another positive person or claims 2 or more of the noted symptoms is sent home with pay. If corona was coming home on your loaf of bread from the store we would have all been infected by now.  

What Tops do you work at? I worked for them for 4 years when I was a teenager doing everything from cashier, to ez scan, to carts/emptying the bottle machines, to the bakery. I met some good people while I worked there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Sorry didn’t mean to pick on Tops, was just top of mind as an example of large stores allowed to be open while gyms were forced to shutdown. I agree that stores aren’t spreading corona, and gyms aren’t either. Seems like it’s being in close contact for a period of time that’s the trick. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

When there's a high volume of cases...its really difficult to do effective contract tracing. So its hard to say where the most likely source is of the majority of infections. 

lol.. contact tracing..  you do realize that everyone in world has come in contact with you within only a few degrees of separation?

Kevin+Bacon.png

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic