• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

Last day Erie County was under 4.0% was 11/2.  Under Cuomo plan Red Zone is suppose to trigger when rolling 7 day average is above 4.0%.  We should have went straight to red around the 10/11/12th time frame.  Plus these zone restrictions are crazy in some ways.  Movie theaters and malls can stay open but not gyms or hair salons?  To much talk, blah blah blah, let’s just shut it down, red zone us for 2 weeks and let us out of timeout from Christmas!  

A36B4893-E5F3-43A6-8539-6C46A324740A.jpeg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Last day Erie County was under 4.0% was 11/2.  Under Cuomo plan Red Zone is suppose to trigger when rolling 7 day average is above 4.0%.  We should have went straight to red around the 10/11/12th time frame.  Plus these zone restrictions are crazy in some ways.  Movie theaters and malls can stay open but not gyms or hair salons?  To much talk, blah blah blah, let’s just shut it down, red zone us for 2 weeks and let us out of timeout from Christmas!  

A36B4893-E5F3-43A6-8539-6C46A324740A.jpeg

Yeah I'm not sure why he didn't go from yellow straight to red. We've qualified for it for 3 weeks. So its not cut and dry. I don't understand the yellow/orange/red infection rates if they arent real.

A bunch of my friends at the gym went up to Niagara Falls to lift this weekend and to go out to eat after up there. A few went to Ellicottville. They should just do all of WNY.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vortmax said:

These vaccine efficacies are unprecedented in these short timeframes. Amazing what can be accomplished by people when they work together! 

And hundreds of billions of dollars pumped into it. You can make insane advancements in tech/science with unlimited money. I believe MRNA vaccines have been in development for years?

@OSUmetstud

On 11/22/2020 at 9:51 AM, brentrich said:

First vaccine on December 11th possible 

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-11-22-20-intl/h_64000007df71a4acd98c40f22818fa09

I believe it's going to be too late since almost everybody will have COVID by then so pretty much pointless to have vaccine then. 

I just called Pfizer and Moderna to let them know....no sense in having them waste their research money..........I wished them better luck in the next pandemic.....

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Rate is dropping

image.png.d3b10cdb73133786bebfffe19920f7d9.png

LOL the rates is not dropping, get your eyes checked

2 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I just called Pfizer and Moderna to let them know....no sense in having them waste their research money..........I wished them better luck in the next pandemic.....

FDA just announced that they rejected Pfizer and Moderna applications. FDA is doing right thing! 

1 hour ago, Luke_Mages said:

China don’t play.  Still don’t know if you can believe those numbers they report being so low... but I mean they did literally lock people in their homes when the first wave hit.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I went to a bar / restaurant this evening with my friends to watch the football game. The place was packed  Everyone had to leave at 10. When people left , they were chanting " **** Cuomo and Deblasio "

LOL

And I wonder how many left with Covid-19 and brought it home to their families?

• Like 1

Public health officials and drugmakers must be transparent about the side effects people may experience after getting their first shot of a coronavirus vaccine, doctors urged during a meeting Monday with CDC advisors as states prepare to distribute doses as early as next month.

Dr. Sandra Fryhofer of the American Medical Association noted that both Pfizer's and Moderna's Covid-19 vaccines require two doses at varying intervals. As a practicing physician, she said she worries whether her patients will come back for a second dose because of the potentially unpleasant side effects they may experience after the first shot.

"We really need to make patients aware that this is not going to be a walk in the park," Fryhofer said during a virtual meeting with the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, or ACIP, an outside group of medical experts that advise the CDC. She is also a liaison to the committee. "They are going to know they had a vaccine. They are probably not going to feel wonderful. But they've got to come back for that second dose."

Participants in Moderna and Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine trials told CNBC in September that they were experiencing high fever, body aches, bad headaches, daylong exhaustion and other symptoms after receiving the shots. While the symptoms were uncomfortable, and at times intense, the participants said they often went away after a day, sometimes sooner, and that it was better than getting Covid-19.

Both companies acknowledged that their vaccines could induce side effects that are similar to symptoms associated with mild Covid-19, such as muscle pain, chills and headache.

One North Carolina woman in the Moderna study who is in her 50s said she didn't experience a fever but suffered a bad migraine that left her drained for a day and unable to focus. She said she woke up the next day feeling better after taking Excedrin but added that Moderna may need to tell people to take a day off after a second dose.

"If this proves to work, people are going to have to toughen up," she said. "The first dose is no big deal. And then the second dose will definitely put you down for the day for sure. ... You will need to take a day off after the second dose."

During the meeting on Monday, Patsy Stinchfield, a Children's Minnesota nurse practitioner, said officials and drugmakers could try talking about the side effects in a more positive way. She said they could use language such as "response" instead of "adverse reaction."

"These are immune responses," said Stinchfield, a past voting member of the committee. "And so if you feel something after vaccination, you should expect to feel that. When you do, it's normal to have some arm soreness or fatigue, some body aches and maybe even a fever. It sounds like in some of these trials, maybe even having to stay home from work."

"You hear some people in the trials that are disappointed that they didn't have any of those things, feeling they must have gotten a placebo," she added.

The committee meeting comes three days after Pfizer and its partner BioNTech applied for an emergency use authorization from the Food and Drug Administration for their coronavirus vaccine.

The FDA process is expected to take a few weeks, and an advisory committee meeting to review the vaccine has been scheduled for early December. Some Americans could get their first dose of the vaccine in about a month.

ACIP is expected to call an emergency meeting to make specific recommendations on distribution once the FDA authorizes a vaccine.

Federal agencies are already sending vaccination plans around to staff. Five agencies have started telling employees they could receive Pfizer's or Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine in as little as eight weeks, a person with firsthand knowledge of those plans told CNBC on Friday.

22 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

More good news. 

Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine is highly effective

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55040635

I'd hold back the optimism about this one.

There's no data, just a press release.  The response to half doses doesn't make much sense.  This one needs to be fully presented for publication before any analysis can be done.

I'm not sure why they felt the need for a press release with so many unanswered questions.

2 hours ago, cny rider said:

I'd hold back the optimism about this one.

There's no data, just a press release.  The response to half doses doesn't make much sense.  This one needs to be fully presented for publication before any analysis can be done.

I'm not sure why they felt the need for a press release with so many unanswered questions.

All of the potential  vaccines are going to have many unanswered questions until they are  studied after being administered to the masses. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

you spent months telling us how worried you were that you might get the virus and yesterday you did this idiotic thing.

don't you live with your mother?

Yes

We both already had it  and we have been going out to eat indoors for a while.

So you are telling me you don't go out to eat ?  Its fine to go out and eat as long as the tables are spread out and the place has good protocols in place.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic