• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

Just now, Luke_Mages said:

I’m guessing you use google for your search engine. 

Your boy in the WH needs to understand he will not be in office after Jan 20th. The child needs to understand his tenure as president is coming to an end in a little over 2 months.

Once again find the quote where Cuomo specifically says "I will not accept a vaccine from Trump" 

2 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Your boy in the WH needs to understand he will not be in office after Jan 20th. The child needs to understand his tenure as president is coming to an end in a little over 2 months.

Once again find the quote where Cuomo specifically says "I will not accept a vaccine from Trump" 

Bolded for you.

That’s fairly black and white.  

"You have two months, and we can’t let this vaccination plan go forward the way the Trump administration is designing it because Biden can’t undo it two months later, we’ll be in the midst of it. And I'm going — I've been talking to governors across the nation about that; how can we shape the Trump administration vaccine plan to fix it, or stop it before it does damage."

1 minute ago, Luke_Mages said:

Bolded for you. 

"You have two months, and we can’t let this vaccination plan go forward the way the Trump administration is designing it because Biden can’t undo it two months later, we’ll be in the midst of it. And I'm going — I've been talking to governors across the nation about that; how can we shape the Trump administration vaccine plan to fix it, or stop it before it does damage."

He wants a better and more equitable distribution plan. Stop being silly. 

• Like 2

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahabahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Real news. 
of course he backtracked after Trump called him out for making the quote that I posted. 

Bolded for you. 

Nope that is not Cuomo saying he will not accept a vaccine from the lil boy in the WH...

Cuomo is on record that the state of NY will conduct a review of the vaccine after the federal government has completed it's own review of the vaccine. And it's not going to matter because your boy in the WH will no longer be in power......deal with it lol

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

He wants a better and more equitable distribution plan. Stop being silly. 

Agree, there is going to be a battle over how a vaccine(s) is distributed.  And that plan has yet to be formulated.  The Pfizer vaccine has shown promise in trials but it requires being stored a very low temperature and it is going to require 2 doses. A few friends are doctors and they wonder if  the vaccine that Johnson &  Johnson is working on may be a better bet for widespread distribution because it is only going to require only 1 dose and it is stored far more easily. According to many medical experts Johnson & Johnson is a few months behind Pfizer in developing a vaccine. 

Many people will wait to see how safe the vaccine is prior to getting the vaccine.  While the news is good that a vaccine(s) is on the horizon much needs to be finalized. 

BTW good wins for your Bills!

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

He will get more ratings than Fox News. I cant wait for it.

If he's not in jail^_^

President Donald Trump and his business could be facing a criminal tax probe by the Manhattan District Attorney's office, prosecutors suggested Monday in a court filing.

Prosecutors from Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance Jr.'s office raised that possibility as they said that a grand jury subpoena seeking eight years of Trump's tax returns and other records from the president's accountants should be allowed by a federal appeals court, which is set to hear arguments in this case this week.

While prosecutors last month suggested that they might be eyeing the Trump Organization for possible bank and insurance fraud, Monday's filing was the first time they had publicly said that their probe might encompass potential tax crimes.

Before last month, reports had suggested that Trump's company was under investigation for how it accounted for hush money payments made to two women who said they had affairs with Trump, who has denied their claims.

Trump's lawyers have argued that the subpoeana is "overbroad" and was issued "in bad faith."

But Vance's team said in Monday's court filing that the subpoena is more than justified by news reports that have raised the prospect that Trump and his company misstated the values of their business properties at different times.

The filings said that if misstatements about business properties were conveyed from the Trump Organization's headquarters in New York to business partners, insurers, potential lenders or tax authorities, that could mean the breaking of state laws such as scheme to defraud, falsification of business records, insurance fraud and criminal tax fraud, the filing said.

"The New York Times reported that Appellant engaged in 'dubious tax schemes during the 1990s, including instances of outright fraud' and that he 'helped his parents dodge taxes' by 'set[ting] up a sham corporation to disguise millions of dollars in gifts' and undervaluing assets," the filing said.

• Sad 1

Cuomo has been concerned that Trump was going to rush a vaccine for political purposes.  That’s why he said he was going to have an independent panel of experts review the data from the trials before he approved the use of the vaccine in New York.  He has also questioned the logistics of the federal distribution plan.  The Pfizer vaccine must be stored at a temperature less than -100 F.   Also, distributing the vaccine in 2 doses to even 20 million New Yorkers is going to require extensive planning.  I’ve watched most of Cuomo’s briefings and he has never said he didn’t want the vaccine in New York. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Cuomo has been concerned that Trump was going to rush a vaccine for political purposes.  That’s why he said he was going to have an independent panel of experts review the data from the trials before he approved the use of the vaccine in New York.  He has also questioned the logistics of the federal distribution plan.  The Pfizer vaccine must be stored at a temperature less than -100 F.   Also, distributing the vaccine in 2 doses to even 20 million New Yorkers is going to require extensive planning.  I’ve watched most of Cuomo’s briefings and he has never said he didn’t want the vaccine in New York. 

That is true. But this vaccine candidate wasn't rushed nor was its R and D funded by the government. The FDA has been better about pushing back against Trump the past month or two after some the early HCQ stuff and maintaining scientific integrity. There's going to be an independent panel of experts that's going to be convening and reviewing the data over the next month or two that will make a recommendation to the FDA for the EUA. I don't see why NYS would need to do any additional review of the vaccine. It's not Trump's vaccine, it's Pfizer/BioNTech's vaccine. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

That is true. But this vaccine candidate wasn't rushed nor was its R and D funded by the government. The FDA has been better about pushing back against Trump the past month or two after some the early HCQ stuff and maintaining scientific integrity. There's going to be an independent panel of experts that's going to be convening and reviewing the data over the next month or two that will make a recommendation to the FDA for the EUA. I don't see why NYS would need to do any additional review of the vaccine. It's not Trump's vaccine, it's Pfizer/BioNTech's vaccine. 

Did you listen to the press conference yesterday? Forget the doctors name, but they said 20 million Americans will be vaccinated in December and 20 million every month after that. That would mean by this time next year everyone will be vaccinated. 

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

No I didn't. That sounds great if that's the case. 

Get ready to roll up your sleeve for a COVID-19 shot.

As many as 20 million Americans could be inoculated against the coronavirus before the end of the year — and the number jumps to 80 million by March — if the government hits the target deadlines of the vaccine campaign’s top scientist, Moncef Slaoui.

Slaoui’s schedule put the number of monthly vaccines at 25 million to 30 million a month, starting in January. At that pace, roughly a fourth of the population could be vaccinated before spring, Business Insider reported.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/14/covid-19-vaccine-could-be-ready-for-20m-americans-by-december/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Did you listen to the press conference yesterday? Forget the doctors name, but they said 20 million Americans will be vaccinated in December and 20 million every month after that. That would mean by this time next year everyone will be vaccinated. 

December will be here in basically two weeks.  Are they magically going to come up with the logistical plans to inoculate 20 million people in that time frame?  They’ve had 8 months to come up with a federal testing program and we’re still waiting.  Let me make a wild guess, Florida will be the first state to receive the vaccine.

"Dominion Voting Systems categorically denies false assertions about vote switching issues with our voting systems," the statement reads. "Vote deletion/switching assertions are completely false."

The statement also addresses some specific details of allegations from Trump and Gateway Pundit.

Dominion calls the claim from Trump that its machines deleted 941,000 votes for him in Pennsylvania alone "impossible."

That's because Dominion only serves 14 counties in the state, which produced a total of 1.3 million votes — 52%, or 676,000, of which went to Trump. That only leaves 624,000 other votes, fewer than what Trump claims were switched.

• Like 1

Edison Research created 'no such report' about switched votes

The statement from Dominion Voting Systems also noted that Edison Research — a firm that OANN and Gateway Pundit cited in their stories — has refuted claims that it produced any data to support allegations of vote switching.

Larry Rosin, the president of Edison Research, told The Dispatch Fact Check, that it never produced any data to that effect.

"Edison Research created no such report and we are not aware of any voter fraud," he said.

Left-wing counterprotesters moved in during a pro-Trump Million MAGA March” in Washington, leading to scattered confrontations and escalating violence Saturday night as police tried to keep opposing groups separated.

Earlier in the day, they turned out in opposition to pro-Trump groups rallying to protest the results of the election, which show Democrat Joe Biden winning. The president himself even visited the demonstration with his motorcade.

The march was largely peaceful. But as the sun went down, snippets of scenes shared on Twitter showed chaos had overtaken areas of the nation’s capital.

Authorities said one male demonstrator was stabbed near the intersection of New York Avenue and 11th Street, and sustained injuries that were not considered life threatening. It was not immediately clear which side he was on.

Daily Caller contributor Matthew Miller shared what he described as an "all out brawl between Proud Boys and Antifa in the streets."

The Proud Boys is a conservative group known for occasional brawls in other cities, including at least once in New York City and at several demonstrations with Antifa members on the West Coast. One of the group's leaders was stabbed during another protest in Washington during post-Election Day demonstrations.

People wearing the group's colors, black and yellow, cropped up in numerous photographs and videos from the demonstrations. 

Anti-Trump demonstrators allegedly hurled eggs at Trump supporters -- or stole signs, hats and banners, and lit them on fire. Videos show them shouting at families, sucker-punching people in the street and harassing an elderly woman carrying a Trump flag.

City police said they’d made at least 10 arrests – three of which involved assaults – but a total count wasn’t expected until Sunday morning. They closed off streets and part of Washington's downtown, already home to boarded up stores and offices.

In some places, police physically stood between groups of Trump supporters and counterprotesters, chanting or carrying signs and banners emblazoned with Antifa and Black Lives Matter slogans, to keep them separated. 

Really amazing how fired up (in a bad way) the country is. Partly, of course, due to cabin fever courtesy of Covid, and partly, of course, due to a very un-political POTUS. However, I cast the majority of the blame on the media...they really, and I mean really took the 2016 election hard and severely pushed many questionable narratives 24/7/365 for 4 years straight, literally. With America's addiction to 24/7 news, this was (and continues to be) a recipe for division. Real journalism is sadly, dying - being replaced with tabloidism. Really sad to watch real time.

Trump chiming in.  I think he knows it’s over and his last chance is to rally his hardcore base.  It’s a crazy idea but could he stage a coup and refuse to transfer power?  He can rally armed supporters in the streets.  He’s moving a lot of pentagon officials around.  He already has a mostly favorable rating amongst police officers.  Could he be slowly beating the war drum for his supporters?  It would be the icing on the cake for the year known as 2020.

B8B2F554-F383-4DE7-B3D4-5DA773CF72CC.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

This is ****ing disgusting. 
What coward sucker punches someone from behind like that. And then someone else stomps on his head?

Why isn’t this attack being considered a hate crime?

That guy was nuts though, he instigated that whole thing,  He was on the attack 90 percent of that video and completely in over his head.  You simply cant be attacking 20 people, women included, and not think you're going to get your world rocked.  Play stupid games win stupid prizes.  Ugly video regardless...

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic